Scott Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by iamthegreatest, Jul 15, 2021.

1. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! Always poor, never bored (IDLES) Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    v Fowler. R1,2,3 and 9 to Fowler. 4,5,6,7,8 and 10 (KD) to Fitz 96-93.

v Cheeseman. R1,2,3 to Ted, 4,5 to Fitz, 6,7,8 very very close (you decide), 9,10,11,12 to Fitz. Fitz cleanly won 6. Ted cleanly won 3. The other 3 are very very close and debateable. At worse, Fitz scored a draw.

I have watched both fights, saddo that I am, numerous times since on YT. Nothing changes my stance.

2. Oreet Cha!

Jul 18, 2018
    @Journey Man

I totally get where you are coming from. I do.

I just retain faith, as I did in 2018 when Scott didn't even register on here, another victory against Fowler.

I am just mightily peeded off, as a gambler on the footy, that I didn't smack a wedge at 5/1 on Fitz. Only boxing bet I have taken was Whyte to KO someone and it went to points!!! :confused:

impacted and Journey Man like this.
  3. Oreet Cha!

Jul 18, 2018
    Personally, in 2022, Scott imo needs to win 2 of the 3 (British, Commonwealth, European) to set himself up for an almighty 2023 at World Level where he will coming up to 32.

It's in his own hands.

Does he prefer gloves on his hands or a pint in his hands?

Hopefully the former!!

4. aaaaa

aaaaa Member Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Aye I remember. Also remember Fowler showing off to his mates in the crowd that he'd made weight and doing cut throat gestures :lol:

Think I'm due another watch of round 10 on Youtube tonight. That night was perfect - Fowler and Penfold smug as anything in the build up then left looking like clowns. Couldn't have happened to 2 nicer blokes.

Arnie and DramaShow like this.
  5. Furious

Furious Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I don't like Fowler at all so I'd love for this to be true.. but Fitzgerald is spending his prime years in and out of training, going up and down in weight, drinking (and whatever else) plus all the other issues. Fowler - despite being a pretty awful guy, has been consistently training and fighting.

Fitzgerald is already giving Fowler a massive advantage through his own problems. If they were fighting tomorrow I'd probably have to make Fowler the favourite on account of this unfortunately.

Greg Price99 and im sparticus like this.
  6. neverheardofher

neverheardofher Active Member Full Member

Jul 13, 2019
    I didn't even realise Fowler was 30. Knew he was late in turning pro but still would have put him around 27. If you go by his Instagram then you could make an argument for him being 15

7. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    I don't think there's any question, Fowler is the favourite for the next 12 months, Fitz is throwing this away and someone needs to get hold of him and tell him.

8. aaaaa

aaaaa Member Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    :lol: :lol: :lol:

9. jimmyonebomb

jimmyonebomb Member Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    I hope fowler chins him tbh, only man on the forum probably who does ha

10. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    Both times I’ve watched the Fowler / Fitz fight, I scored it 95-94 Fitz winning off the knockdown, but wouldn’t argue with your card. If I remember correctly I scored the Cheeseman fight 7-5 to Fitz but could have seen it up to 7-5 the other way, depending on what you liked. Either way, despite feeling Fitzgerald won both they were close fights and in no way gimmes, which I think you’d agree.

I get the loyalty, and I know where your coming from. I think if he was fully focussed, he’s clearly the most talented and all -rounder at 154 on these shores. He has the credentials both amateur and pro to back it up - I think at the weight Cheeseman is second with his solid resume but they are both some way ahead of the competition.

I just feel like Scott’s other issues might wear him down too much to enable him to get back to where he was, Hearn would have had him out again by now or failing that at fight camp if he was tuned in. It takes a very special fighter to come off a layoff and still be great - Mayweather did it regularly and in recent times we’ve seen Fury work his way back to the top. I think those guys the step below can’t handle it though - Hatton’s comeback, Audley Harrison took gaps and got beat when he returned and plenty other guys abuse their bodies then are heartbroken then they realise they can’t do it anymore.

I would say Scott’s best chance is to move away from where he is now, away from all distractions, and concentrate on being a good dad and a professional boxer. Just not sure he has the discipline.

Twentyman and Oreet Cha! like this.
  11. KaneCobra

KaneCobra New Member banned Full Member

Jul 13, 2021
    Is there any proof that Fitzgerald is still having nights on the ****? Or is it just a (possibly false) rumour?

He seemed more like his old self in the last video interview he did.

12. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I think Fowler was too confident that night and I was chuffed to bits when Fitz put him on his arse and then had his hand raised. But.... it was still a close fight, let's not forget the 9th round when Fowler was punching Fitz around the ring for a prolonged period.

Fitz is the more talented of the two and I'd go as far as on his day being the 2nd best LMW in the UK (behind Liam Smith), but hard work beats talent when talent don't work hard..... since that fight Fitz has had his well documented problems and not been fully focused or consistently in the gym.

Fowler on the other hand has been training like a demon, living the life and moved himself to be with one of the best if not the best trainer in the country.

If they were to fight this year..... as much as I'd like Fitz to win....... if I had to put money on it, I'd have to side with Fowler being the victor.

Fitz needs to get back to being dedicated to his craft, get a few wins under his belt and if he does that n stays on the straight and narrow then he has the potential to make some noise........ if not then he's going to waste his talent and likely lose to someone he shouldn't.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2021 at 7:00 AM
    DJN16, KingKO, Twentyman and 2 others like this.
  13. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    We know he beat Fowler. I don't believe he would again.
    He's 30 this year and with his lifestyle I doubt he will beat a half decent fighter again.

14. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    People were saying the same stuff about Fowler training like an animal and Fitz not living the life back then. Fitzy was full of beans compared to Fowler who was blowing out of his arse early.

An extra couple of years of it though maybe it would be different. I think maybe Fowler is too big for 154 and would gas regardless when in real fights.

15. Journey Man

Journey Man Journeyman always. Full Member

Aug 22, 2009
    There’s a couple of pictures of him on the internet and it’s pretty well known in Lancashire as everyone knows someone who’s seen him on the **** recently.