Scott Fitzgerald

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by iamthegreatest, Jul 15, 2021.

1. moog

moog Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    Joe Garner - when he was at Rangers, we got his 'song' in the charts in tribute to him.

2. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    There's a player at Preston called Andrew Hughes, as a Welshman I've been keeping tabs on him, he seems like a really good player, no idea why he's never getting called up.

Oreet Cha! likes this.
  3. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Bilel Mohsni! Now he was a player who ten years ago I was mad about. I looked at the Rangers side the other day and I still think it's full of dross, English Championship mid table nobody type players. I grew up next door to a Rangers mad family in the late 80's and early 90's and although I went against the grain and made Partick my Scottish side I was watching Rangers and thinking that they were brilliant. Rangers had genuinely good and brilliant players, at any level, back then, top drawer players that could get into lots of Europe's top sides. I think of Jorg Albertz and Gio and then I look at Roofe and Kamara and it just doesn't compare, it's a shame.

4. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    lol each to their own but that’s a poor take because Roofe and Kamara are proven European quality players. Don’t forget Bielsa was devastated when Roofe went to Anderlecht from Leeds and Kamara will eventually leave Rangers for a fee between £15-20m to either an established PL side or another top side in Europe. He’s basically Finland’s most instrumental player and crucial to their recent success.

I look at the first team and for me there are no real Championship level players anymore. Goldson, Tavernier, Barisic, Helander, Patterson, Kamara, Aribo, Kent, Hagi, Morelos, Roofe, Lundstram… Basically a full team of players who would walk into the PL. Goldson and Lundstram literally came from the PL. Helander, Kent and Patterson have been subject to concrete bids from Villa, Leeds and Everton respectively.

Your general point is right though, 20-30 years ago our team was full of elite world class talent that we won’t see in the league ever again. Amoruso, Gio, Numan, Gascoigne, Albertz, Mols, De Boer, Arteta, Ricksen, Klos… Literally filled with elite players we pipped the likes of Man Utd to and it was a massive underachievement not to regularly get to the latter stages of the Champions League.

Btw Bilel Moshni was a hero for his left hook on that Motherwell player in his final game. A proper fighter who stood up for himself and the team.

Oreet Cha!, EJC83 and DramaShow like this.
  5. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    We had Tavernier on loan for about 8 months and he'd comfortably make any Rotherham fan's all time 11. Was unbelievable for us.

We appointed Alan Stubbs a few years back and he signed a load of players from the Scottish Prem/Champ (Dom Ball, Scott Allan etc) and they were all shyte which probably clouds my view of Scottish football.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  6. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Ball was on loan at Rangers, not very good. Allan is actually quite talented, his passing range is tremendous and has vision, just not much athleticism. I think the key factor would have been Stubbs lol. General clown of a guy.

Tav is dynamite. We have a big problem though in that Tav’s the club captain but Nathan Patterson is one of the best young right backs in Britain. Everton will come back in for him in January and will probably get him if they cough up £15m up front with add ons.

I remember you guys had Jake Hastie on loan and he tore it up initially and then went out of favour. Need him off the books.

Last edited: Oct 5, 2021
  7. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    I think some of the players you mentioned might do alright at clubs like Norwich, Burnley, sides towards the bottom half of the table but Goldson, Tavernier, I think they'd get found out and struggle, you never know though. My view is a little extreme because of the way I compare now with the past. I know Goldson came from Brighton but he wasn't really good enough for them and of course was recovering too. I never really rated Lundstram at Sheff Utd, I always hoped that you'd sign Fleck so he could follow in his dad's footsteps. I actually quite enjoy the SPL, it's quite an intense league at the moment and like you say there are some good players coming out of it.

I didn't want to come across like I was slating your team by the way, I just grew up watching this beast of a side and Gazza to Arfield is a tough one to swallow. I too loved Mohsni, 34 years old now and bouncing around all over the place, it's a real shame. As a West Ham fan I was absolutely gutted that we didn't sign him after his trial in 2012, we wouldn't pay an extra 50k or something, madness because he was on an upward trajectory at that point and I think Allardyce, Nolan and our rather rough and ready style back then would have helped him develop.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  8. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Fitzy signing for rangers?

9. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    Sorry about that, I think a few of us got carried away!

10. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Haha, no need to apologise.

11. Oreet Cha!

Oreet Cha! I know what I like and I like what I know. Full Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Usually a LB but this season, he has been superb playing on the left of a back 3 in a new formation.

The Welsh must have some "quality" for Hughesy not to be called up even once.

12. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    We have just signed Elliot Thorpe from Spurs, a Welsh U21. He meant to be mustard.

We have a development match today, expect he will get his 1st official outing for us

EJC83 likes this.
  13. CutThroatFade

May 25, 2015
    Lundstram got off to a terrible start, was partially responsible for getting knocked out of the Champions League with a mistake in the first leg and then cost another league match by not tracking back and then getting sent off in the league cup. However his recent performances have been quality and he’s excelling in the holding roll. He’s supposedly on big wages so he needs to deliver but thankfully looks like he’s coming onto a game now.

Fleck started at Rangers but we played him in an advanced role on the wing or behind the striker. I think there’s a chance he could finish his career at Rangers and I wouldn’t mind as he’d be a decent replacement for Steven Davis when he retires.

Goldson incidentally has been linked to West Ham. He’s out of contract next year and it looks like he’s waiting to see what offers he gets pre contract. I think there’s a strong chance he could end up in the Premier League in the summer.

I really wanted West Ham in the Europa League this season. I quite enjoyed the 2-6 pre season thrashing against the filth in the summer.

Would be the new Carlos Pena for us.

EJC83 likes this.
  14. Double J

Double J Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2017
    Won’t ever see him in the ring.

Disturbing images Ive been sent today. Won’t post on social media or pages like these out of respect.

The man needs serious help or he’s going to end up in a early coffin.

15. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    Very sad if true.