Scott Harrison what if?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Bridie mcmahon, Feb 18, 2018.

1. moog

moog Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 12, 2012
    The people you mention with regards to who Scott fought were all better than Martinez (Great win by Ricky), yes he achieved more than some of them but that was because when Scott became champion Barrera Marquez Pacman were all in the division. Chacon was far better than anything Ricky beat. Yes he fought Crawford and lost every round as he did with Indigo but that's not an achievement m8. Billy Nelson has admitted Scott had the runs in the dressing room before he went out to fight Mendina 1st time as he was unwell, in second fight 3 months later he battered him pillow to post until he stopped him (Mendina 5 times champion). Interestingly McCullough said Scott was best he faced. Should have achieved much more but to do what he done by the age of 28 in the best division the world's seen in 25 years wasn't bad.

Amazing one likes this.
  2. Amazing one

Amazing one Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2013
    He's still one of our best Moog, don't get me wrong. And Burns did not lose every round to Crawford, neither the scorecards or those scoring the fight seen it that way. Some had in even after 5-6 rounds, I gave Ricky 2-3 rounds myself & look what Bud has become. That was post broken jaw Burns as well, he definitely wasn't the same. Indongo fight was poor, Ricky wasn't the same post jaw break but was never a 140. He did well just to earnt that title, he was never close to being the best at 140 and yes he lost every round.

Didn't know Wayne said that, wouldn't mind seeing the quote as he fought Zaragoza, Morales & Hamed. That's a statement. But Scott never got the chance to face the best, those guys fought each other.

Not sure on Chacon statement, he was a known puncher but I was never impressed with him. A bit like Rocky Martinez but Martinez was unbeaten & considered the number 1 in his division when Ricky beat him (if not mistaken)

He done great buddy, in a tough time in boxing but he would be held in higher esteem by me if I could compare him with those greats by fighting them. I'm not one for well he had a nice jab, & boxed more when lighter. Could he have really competed or beat those greats. Would he really have done better vs Barrera than Burns post jaw break vs Bud Crawford ?

3. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    Pacman st time fought Scott was only oersinnin division seen as a 50/50 fight as because at time the Mexicans are avoiding me and Harrison. Marquez was being made Scott's mandatory after working way up WHO rankings and then went other route.

4. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    Like u moog and admire u loyalty but reality he didnt face best in division for whatever reasons but still didnt amd tbh barrerra morales marquez pac all beat prime Harrison and beat him well and tbf to burns he fought crawford best at 140 at time amd elite fighter may lost but took on best at a weight divison he didny even remotely belong at whereas scott didny move up imo as most his advantages would be lost. Diff eras all if but maybes if both fouhht at prime be a good fight but think the real star is taylor who will go on 2 massive things

Amazing one likes this.
  5. DON1

DON1 ICEMAN Full Member

Apr 6, 2006
    Scoot was a top fighter, huge for the weight, tough as nails and would give any fighter in the division trouble. Although I feel he would come up short at the Elite level. Barrera/Morales etc. However, it wouldn't be an easy night for either.

Neebur likes this.
  6. Injin Chi

Injin Chi Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2013
    I honestly don't think he was thick, he's was a mad bad ******* with a bevvy on board but not a stupid guy, not by any ways.

7. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    But not smart enough to realize if you booze you lose end off.

8. Injin Chi

Injin Chi Member Full Member

Oct 26, 2013
    Picasso, Churchill, Hemingway and Van Gogh.......all totally thick? End of.

9. sjp17

sjp17 Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 22, 2011
    What do they all have in common , they were not professional boxers , if your a boxer and your boozing heavily , it only ends one way.

10. Papillon

Papillon Active Member Full Member

Dec 26, 2017
    The best version of Harrison beats the best version of Burns I'm sorry but this is true.

I like Burns but he is the perennial overachieving fighter who has has a better than expected career.

11. kerrminator

kerrminator Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 14, 2007
    Scott was a great fighter, his troubles with the drink were not just the end of his career. I think he struggled with those demons throughout most of his career. His win against Tracy H Patterson was the first time I seen him and that was a hell of a good win for his as a prospect even if Patterson was on the slide. On a separate note I think its about time he was allowed home he has been paying for his mistakes in spain pretty much since 05/06 and has done more time than some murder cons. Bring him home and let him back with his family.

moog likes this.
  12. Neebur

Neebur Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2016
    Wayne didn't say Scott was the best he fought. He said he was the strongest physically.

13. Neebur

Neebur Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2016
    This.

14. moog

Mar 12, 2012
    He dud on his website u remember clearly reading it area years ago. I have since went in website and it's off line as bei g rebuilt. One thing is clear Scott mainly through boxing skills done a better job in beating him than anyone else had up to that point.