Scott Lawton says Amir Khan will beat Thaxton

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by IronBull, Oct 8, 2007.

1. IronBull

IronBull Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2005
    [YT]8PWLuTn8syw[/YT]

2. rydersonthestorm

rydersonthestorm Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 27, 2007
  3. AllyT

AllyT Active Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2004
    I think he is correct. Thaxton is a game boxer but I fear Amir Khan is in a different league.

4. Big Ears

Big Ears Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2005
    Of course he did , because Khan did a much better job on Lawton .

If Khan can take Thaxton's punches ,and he will have to at some point , he's not going to get through that fight without getting hit clean a few times then I'll give him a hell of a lot of credit for having a much better chin that it appeared .

Can't see it happening however , he might box Thaxton's ears off for 6/7 rounds but once he's caught that will be the end of it .

5. rydersonthestorm

Sep 27, 2007
    I just want to see the fight, i don't think thaxton has a hope in hell of beating kahn.

6. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

Scott Lawton had previously said he was going to beat Amir Khan.

No expert is he?

At predictions or actually putting up a fight - judging by his poor performance on Saturday.

7. rydersonthestorm

Sep 27, 2007
    All amir kahns opponents have said they will bet him and as he hasn't lost yet they have all been wrong as well. Infact i have never heard any boxer say i am gonna lose against my next opponent they look far to good for me lol.

8. Claypole

Claypole Boxing Addict banned

Aug 4, 2007
    Perhaps if Lawton wasn't so proud to have been beaten so easily by his hero, we might pay attention to his words.

9. achillesthegreat

achillesthegreat FORTUNE FAVOURS THE BRAVE Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Lawton said he ain't kidding himself, he'll never be world class. He comes across as an honest bloke. His statements are fair. He had a plan and was absolutely dominated. He felt he was always in the fight with Thaxton but was never allowed into the fight by Khan. He found Khan faster and more powerful than he thought. I think his comments are fair.

10. IronBull

IronBull Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2005
    AMIR KHAN will come of age on the day of his next contest and says he is now doing the same as a fighter after making a successful first defence of his Commonwealth lightweight title.

The polished, powerful ease with which Khan overcame Scott Lawton in four rounds at the Nottingham Arena on Saturday night erased the memory of when the Bolton boxer was forced to climb off the canvas to halt Willie Limond in his last bout.

Now Khan, 20 and with a record of 14-0, feels re-invigorated ahead of his next fight in Bolton on December 8.

He said: “I feel the fight with Lawton was my best performance as a pro so far. He made me think more than any other opponent.

“I’ll watch the video of this bout and see how I can improve. I want to learn more and more.

“I’m progressing quickly, hitting harder and feeling stronger. Look how I have progressed in my last four fights and just think how I could progress in my next four. I’ve not boxed in Bolton for a year and I want to give the fans who have been with me all the way a good night.

“My first pro fight was at the Arena and now I will be boxing on my birthday there. I love being at home.”

Khan is hoping that his next opponent will be British champion Jon Thaxton, and said: “At 21, I’ll be coming of age and Frank Warren has promised me one big birthday present – I hope it’s Thaxton.

“I would love to win the British title on my birthday – it’d be a great present.

“I’ll fight anyone. With my hand speed, I’ll have no problems – I’d break him up.

“Getting knocked down by Limond in my last fight was the best thing that happened to me, it gave me a kick up the behind. Any fighter can get hurt and I know I’m not invincible.”

Lawton, stopped in seven by Thaxton in his previous contest, said: “Khan hurt me much more than Thaxton.

“He is a lot faster and he was delivering his punches with so much power.”
    But Khan’s wish for that clash may have to wait a little longer. Although he is the next mandatory challenger, Khan is likely to face Graham Earl.

Luton’s Earl, 29, the former British and Commonwealth title holder, has not fought since a loss to Aussie Michael Katsidis for the WBO world interim lightweight crown in London in February.

http://www.express.co.uk/posts/view/21348/Cometh-the-power-cometh-the-wrath-of-Khan

11. elle

elle Journeywoman Full Member

Aug 21, 2007

Where, and in what context, does Lawton actually say this?

Its not in the YouTube clip or article/link posted in this thread.

12. rydersonthestorm

Sep 27, 2007
    He says amir kahn is the best in england so that tells you he thinks he will beat john thaxton, he also says he thought he could beat thaxton until the cut but kahn was to good for him to even to get started.

13. dwilson

dwilson Guest

If Thaxton fights Khan in the same manner has he did Stewart for those first few rounds then Khan will frinish it very early.

14. Maza1987

Maza1987 Illin' since '87 Full Member

Mar 17, 2007
    anybody cud have told u that.
    n seeing as this guys been in the ring with both, he should know

15. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    when is frank warren going to put someone in with khan who can actually punch? does he want khan to improve or what?