scottish prospects

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by boxingcrazy, Apr 16, 2015.

1. punk

punk Well-Known Member Full Member

May 23, 2009
    Good luck to you

2. davidmcallister

davidmcallister Well-Known Member Full Member

Jun 15, 2011
    Don't rise to the bait!! This is exactly what they like on here people getting p issed off when they take the mickey!! Good luck with the upcoming fight mate

3. DJN16

DJN16 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2013
    All the best in your pro career. Show us what you can do.

4. boxingcrazy

boxingcrazy Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 3, 2010
    hi lewis welcome and goodbye to the forum, if you do wish to come back and answer a few questions i have regarding your post mate that would be great! i am on here to discuss boxing good or bad and never take things personally and hope you could take constructive criticism.

i agree that you had a great amateur career and moving up in weight to stay away from josh taylor was the right move and you still managed to win (as you say in the judges eyes) scottish titles at 64 and 69 kg. well done on achieving that.

as a boxing coach i wouldn't say a pro style means walking forward taking shots in the face but to control the ring, sit down on your shots and to be ready to dig your heels in when you need to go to the trenches. lewis you are a lovely boxer but are very very negative, go into a shell when being hit and spend time spoiling a fight rather than actually punching to keep them off. you might be able to change the sitting down on your punches, you might manage to get better ring craft but even the wizard of oz can't give you the courage to get wired in to your opponent when they are getting on top. also I've never heard a boxer criticise someone after sparring them, well not to their face anyway! lol

on terry mccormick being the best coach in scotland! lol don't make me laugh! on paper terry looks like a great coach but can you tell me which fighters in his stable he has personally coached throughout their careers? you , steven tiffany, josh taylor (who has been coached by the gb set up for 4 years or so before turning over) tommy philbin and john thain were all gilmerton fighters and were winning amateur titles before joining up with terry. aston brown had done most of his boxing with chris madam, colin belshaw and gb. he regressed under terry. i actually can't think of 1 boxer that he has taken from novice to elite at his club but I'm sure you or someone else will tell me.

i wish you all the best in your pro career and hope you prove me wrong in regards to being able to win a british title but i fear that josh taylor will defo reach those height and you might fail like john thain did at the eliminator/final eliminator stage. i personally see you having a mirror image career as that to john.

i hope the support you get is big enough to get those fights to edinburgh but i just don't think that the edinburgh public are that interested in boxing tbh, that isn't a slant on you but edinburgh as a whole. as the capital we should eb able to attract big fights but even alex arthur couldn't fill out meadowbank when he was a champion.

on mgm being the best management team? if you are happy being involved with people who made their money off the misery of others by selling drugs then you are correct. id much rather be under a management team without that **** behind them. also mgm have done wonders for bradley saunders, stevie simmons, tom stalker, matt macklin haven't they!! lol there is much better management teams out there match room, morrison, saltire, gilmour, steve wood, ******. so that seems a strange comment to me.

listen mate i hope you have a good career but don't come on here trying to sell me **** as gold because i have my own mind and don't you you feeding me bull**** to try change my mind towards the points i have made above. another thing you should realise is that its a forum for opinions and you shouldn't get upset when people say things you don't like! lol its not personal but their opinion, you come across like a spoiled child imo. i take it jamie2011 went running to tell you that you were being spoke about on here. maybe just trying to deflect the talk about his brother for a while looool

5. Jamie2011

Jamie2011 Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Boxing Crazy, I didn't speak to Lewis regarding your comments ha, better things to do, if your a boxing coach and have so many opinions then sign of your name and let him know who he is talking to before answering your questions and trying to politely bring the boy down, no doubt you won't as we all know the script

6. boxingcrazy

Jul 3, 2010
    i think its funny that you are backing lewis to be a future champ, everyone knows he was training with your bro at mgm and he suddenly posts on here. if it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck then usually it is a duck.

i really don't understand the need to try force me into signing in with my real name? i have opinions and why would i want the personal attacks that others using their real names have had on here? billy nelson, tony bellew, steve bunce etc not a valid reason because you want me too! lol

on politely bringing lewis down? i stand by everything i wrote and i will be happy if i am proved wrong by him. i will be at all of the fights in edinburgh and will support him for as long as his career is but i don't need him coming on here trying to convince me. like you i have a mind of my own.

7. B.A.S.

B.A.S. Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2012
    Who is Jamie2011 brother? Jamie, hope you don't mind me asking.

8. boxingcrazy

Jul 3, 2010
    ronnie clark

9. Daviddee1983

Daviddee1983 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 8, 2012
    Boxing Crazy is who your typing as.. In fairness to Billy he posts on personal opinion or because he has something personal against the people he's attacking but he does it all under his own name and I respect him for that. Same as us we are approachable at any fight to discuss our points sometimes we are right sometimes we are wrong. No matter what Billy says most people on here would agree that he speaks a lot of rubbish but its his rubbish.. Yours is behind a nameless keyboard. Your right you are a lot more respectful in your opinion than others. You are the same as everyone else in here entitled to that opinion. But when you are hiding behind a keyboard to not get hassle as you put it on here then why post. Everyone wanting to post an opinion should be man or women enough to say who they are. But hey that's just my opinion

10. boxingcrazy

Jul 3, 2010
    lol so because i don't want the hassle i shouldn't bother posting? i aint a troll trying to wind people up, i give an opinion as i see it and can give rational reasons for my opinion. i don't understand why having my real name would make my points any more valid? i see loads of people on here being racist, picking on posters and i just want to talk boxing without that hassle. you can look through all of my post and you will never find me needlessly baiting people.

on another note, how is ronnie after the cacace fight? i was impressed with him and i think he was very unlucky getting caught in the last round. would gladly watch him at any show in edinburgh and without his fans and fight there the show would have been a waste of money!!

11. Jamie2011

Jamie2011 Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2011
    Boxing crazy, I am not saying your points are irrelevant in the slightest, i rate Lewis because I think he's a beat boxer, nothing to do with Ronnie as I said before I even knew him I rated him, I also did not tell Lewis regarding this post either, he's a boxer and to be fair I feel that nameless opinions should effect him, it's a waste of his energy, do it in the ring, then your comment to take heat off Ronnie was a dig, if your gonna give people their character though for example Terry then it should be signed off by yourself as you have mentioned you are a coach, and insinuated you are based in Edinburgh which automatically came across as an alterior motive behind the comments.as for Ronnie and the show in general for me it was saved by the fight, Ronnie did ok, not his full potential and he made errors himself in camp, throughout fight he made very basic errors but for me was he ever outclassed? Not st all, was a competitive fight and he would take the fight again in a heartbeat has had no effect on him whatsoever , strong mind goes with his strong personality. I believe that stuff on here from certain individuals is disrespectful on an anonymous basis and I hope that they give boxers a break,

12. boxingcrazy

Jul 3, 2010
    listen mate like i have said i don't troll people and do my best to back things i say up with a decent reason.

i am from edinburgh but that does not mean i have an ulterior motive, i disagreed that terry was the best coach in scotland and gave valid points that most of his boxers were at a high level before they ever entered terrys gym. that is a fact, terry is a good guy but personally i think a coach (more so in the amateurs) should be judged on boxers they have trained from start to end, not by the boxers they have accumulated and are already boxing at international level and winning scottish titles. you may disagree and i accept that but I'm sure loads of coaches would agree with that assessment.

and before you say it, he hasn't taken any of my boxers lol

good to hear your brother isn't phased by what happened, it was a great fight and i felt bad when i heard the amount of time left because he didn't deserve to finish the fight that way. cacace will be a great fighter and with limited boxing experience your brother did himself proud. i wish him all the best in the future and hope to see him in the capital again.

13. B.A.S.

B.A.S. Active Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2012
    MGM Scotland have their inaugural dinner show tonight in Glasgow, on the bill are:
    David Brophy (14-0-1)
    Ross Henderson (debut)
    Michael Roberts Jr (16-0)
    Lewis Benson (1-0)
    Marc Kerr (2-0)

MGM have said that they are going to be pushing on Michael Roberts, about time really given that he's been a pro 5 years and has fought no one with a winning record.

14. DaManz84

DaManz84 Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2015
    Top respect

15. DaManz84

DaManz84 Member Full Member

Jul 22, 2015
    https://m.youtube.com/results?q=brave+solaris+phone+call&sm=3