Seems like Canelo is no longer the face of boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Jun 23, 2022 at 5:27 AM.

1. DRUGS

DRUGS Well-Known Member Full Member

May 6, 2014
    Just look at the source of the video he posted.

Fannon International Boxing Channel ... Complete LDBC BS.

box33, mark ant and Liquorice like this.
  2. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    This is probably a Canelo-bashing thread, but I think those numbers say more about DAZN, its reach in the U.S., and its move into PPV more than anything else, truthfully.

Consider that nearly the ENTIRE PUSH for DAZN charging $20 a month ... when, for weeks on end, there is no live content at all except billiards ...

Was always that $20 a month is less than what you'd pay for TWO CANELO $80 Canelo PPVs a year.

And you get other fights (when they bother to show some) on top of that.

If you have to PAY $80 FOR CANELO PPVS on DAZN, now, there simply isn't $20 worth of live content on that app to justify even having it.

Just order the Canelo PPVs when they happen. They are available on the FITE app and other places.

They sort of shot themselves in the foot in with DAZN U.S. There have been months this year where there were no fights at all. And little if any programming at all, except Snooker.

DAZN US just doesn't have the contracts with other sports that apps like ESPN has, and ESPN+ is only $5 a month.

KO KIDD, DaRealJT and Lesion of Doom like this.
  3. JOKER

JOKER Boxing Junkie Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
  4. ElCyclon

ElCyclon Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Dec 2, 2012
    You misspelled anal.

lobk likes this.
  5. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

May 29, 2007
    You are way off base and you are certainly far from a hunk. Reference was to a part of anatomy.

6. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

May 29, 2007
    No this is not a Canelo bashing thread. I consider myself a Canelo fan and have liked him since I saw fight live in 2012 in Las Vegas. Yes it says more about DAZN and Matchroom’s weakness in the US. Canelo should have taken the Showtime PBC offer.

7. Liquorice

Liquorice Boxing Addict Full Member

May 13, 2018
  8. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Spence v Crawford will do 500-600k tops.
    Now I know your a racist spastic but Floyd is retired and will be penniless at some point.
    Also grown adults who aren't mentally feeble don't claim other peoples achievements as their own just because they have the same coloured skin. That's like me taking credit for landing on the moon....it sounds moronic and asinine doesn't it?
    Canelo is still big business and a loss doesn't really change that. I give smoke to the nuthuggers on here but let's face it Floyd would never in a million years gone up in weight and fought someone elite and unbeaten like Bivol and that's just the truth...

iii, djfonti and DRUGS like this.
  9. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Your only as good as your last Fight
    That includes PPV #s

Fourth_Horseman likes this.
  10. BoxingCasual13

BoxingCasual13 Watches Boxing once a year Full Member

Jul 16, 2021
    Could also be that people were too accustomed to watching Canelo fight for cheap. His past few fights, excluding the Plant fight, were on DAZN. When people see that DAZN was now doing PPV, they might've been turned off to buying the PPV, along with the initial subscription they may have already had.

11. ArtBoxer

ArtBoxer New Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Canelo never was one. Despite everything they did to make us believe.

Canelo almost does not speak English. Has a charisma of a chair. Always fights in corrupted Vegas. Cherry picks his opponents. Robs those he can't beat fair. Did steroids. Partially responsible for the creation of the sh1tty WBC franchise.

Look at Usyk. The guy speaks little English but every time he shows up the whole audience's attention belongs to him. Unlike Clen does not have a robbery (let alone a bunch of blatant ones) on his resume.

Won every piece of the undisputed 200lbs crown in his opponents backyards. Beat Glowacki in Poland. Beat an ATG cruiser Briedis in Latvia. Went to XXI century's Hitler den in Moscow and schooled a huge puncher in front of crying Putin's people. Became undisputed in the best version of cruiserweight division in history.

Went up in weight and being an underdog against a cashcow put on a boxing clinic and almost wiped out the bigger stronger guy. Became the unified HW champ.

Usyk is #1 p4p guy in the sport and the face of boxing.

iii, TheShellofKell and C.J. like this.
  12. lobk

lobk Original ESB Member Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Another thread where he is pulling numbers out of his ass. The buy is reported to be between 550k and 600k in the US. Down from his previous fight but still very good.

Koli55, Juan carlos and Wizbit1013 like this.
  13. turbotime

turbotime Future Hall Of Famer Full Member

May 4, 2012
    Im sure Canelo is crying in his mansions.

14. DaRealJT

DaRealJT 32-0-1 Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    What I do agree with is that Canelo-GGG 3 won’t match the 800k that Canelo-Plant did.

Eddie Hearn’s American adventure has been a failure, DAZN USA is a sinking ship.

Juan carlos likes this.