Seems like Canelo is no longer the face of boxing

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Olu G. Rotimi, Jun 23, 2022.

1. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Didn't Floyd fight an undefeated Canelo in his 5th division?

2. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    No...it's still Canelo. He can bounce back with big #'s still. DAZN is just garbage. Installed/uninstalled about a dozen times now.

3. ArtBoxer

ArtBoxer Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2022
    Spence is the A side and the draw here. Crawford one of the best talents of this but has falied to become a superstar. Even grandad Bob could not do much about it. Crawford is bleak. No charisma at all.

4. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 29, 2007
    That is why PBC Showtime Mayweather Promotions, Man Down Promotion and TGB Promotions will market and promote it to the base who will come out.

5. iii

iii Boxing Addict Full Member

May 3, 2016
    We all know why Fury gets little to no sponsors because he a Gypsy & UK still dislike travellers.. Whereas hearns has manged to Cultivate this clean boy image of Joshua ... As for Joshua not mentioning Fury,Joshua has no charisma/ IQ to answer back as he knows Fury will make him look like the brain dead wooden top that he really is. He prefers to let that crentinous crawler hearn witter on with the usual bollox...You can see when hearns is biging Joshua up how fragile his schoolboy Ego really is, to me he seems to lack true self confidence...no wonder he lives close to his mummy still...

6. exocet76

exocet76 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 28, 2012
    Agree but Gingers best win at that point was an undefeated Trout and that was hardly clear cut. Mosley is the biggest name and he was well passed his best fighting at a higher than prime weight. Personally I rate the win over Canelo as Floyd's best win.

Braindamage likes this.
  7. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    In dallas everyone knew who Spence was when i was there

8. DRUGS

DRUGS Boxing Addict Full Member

May 6, 2014
    He's from Dallas. Same way everyone in Philly knows Danny Garcia and Boots. I guess it's fair to correct my statement that it is people who follow boxing or sports fans of the fighters hometown.

9. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Crawford wasn't promoted right due to hus race. If Crawford was Mexican, he would be as popular as Floyd

10. northpaw

northpaw Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    On the contrary, the loss probably made Canelo seem more human and admirable, I've seen an abundance of support for him trying to accomplish such a feat from his contemporaries and from fans.

11. ArtBoxer

ArtBoxer Member Full Member

Feb 24, 2022
    I guess Floyd is Mexican then?

12. turbotime

turbotime Future Hall Of Famer Full Member

May 4, 2012
    The app is fcuking awful. Mayswell carry a cable tV on your back like a turtle.

The Real Lance likes this.
  13. Starched Him

Starched Him Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2009
    because it wasnt a pbc event

14. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006

Exposed !!!!

15. elmaldito

elmaldito Skillz Full Member

Jun 11, 2009