Selby-Warrington: who y'all got?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by lencoreastside, Mar 16, 2018.

who wins

1. Selby

75 vote(s)
    77.3%
  2. Warringtom

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  1. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    I dont remember selby ever investing in attacking the body, so inless my memory is failing me, josh has nothing to worry about. Lee is a long range fighter. Of the 2 its josh i would be expecting to target the body. He threw to the body quite a few times vs Ceylan

2. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Om suprised at you Len.
    Youve joined the narrow minded select comitee, the exact same ones that want to see josh beaten and undermiming hia achievments just because he has some of the football lads following him.
    Ive been to events all over the country and ive been to everyone of joshs fights. Ive seen far worse up and down the country than i have when josh is on in leeds. Ive never seen you asking about crowd trouble when you relate to carl or other boxers. Joshs fights are no different to most events i go to.

3. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Selby easily. Warrington is Euro level.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  4. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    At which other events have you seen grown men standing with arms wide apart, singing "Stand up if you hate Man U"?

Oneirokritis likes this.
  5. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Calm down, no offence meant. But soccer crowds haa abad name.

6. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Just now I'm watching josh v Kiko. I have to say josh was lucky to get the nod. Today's faded Kiko would hardly touch Lee selby.

Oneirokritis, pow and Scissors like this.
  7. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Go to huddersfield theyll be saying the same about leeds

8. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Or don’t go to either and don’t hear it at all....:)

Scissors and im sparticus like this.
  9. velagod

velagod Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 20, 2012
    Selby got Ice cold veins, I think he will stick to his game plan and pick apart josh and I picture it being hard night for Warrington with a nasty cut opening up, josh talks about how will selby handle the atmosphere well how will Warrington seeing as it’s his first title fight and it’s at elland road.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  10. BigDoofus

BigDoofus Active Member Full Member

Apr 4, 2016
    You've seen this at a boxing event in Huddersfield?

11. Birmingham

Birmingham Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Jan 13, 2017
    I would've picked Selby, but after a recent trip to Wales i'm gonna go with my countryman Warrington.

Scissors likes this.
  12. @Maley

@Maley Active Member Full Member

Aug 30, 2016

Care to elaborate a bit more ....

13. im sparticus

May 16, 2010
    Yes they do but josh seems to get singled out. People want to see him get beat and they down play his achievments just because he has the football following.
    Josh and lee for have both come through the hard way. Josh turned over at 18 and he was a young 18 at that, jeez he only looked 15 on his debut. He and lee came through on small halls, they have both been the away fighters. Josh didnt start his career with any kind of following. Im sure Maley can confirm with me, that when josh fought Chris Male, he took 70 odd with him. Josh has gone out there and worked hard for where hes got and the fan baae following him. Hes always been a work in progress, each time hes stepped up a level hes had to improve his skills and abilitys to stay on that level and then work hard to try move up again. Hes always done whats been aaked of him and ok some fights have been hard, but hes never took a win he didnt deserve.
    My point in this post is pointing out that people seem to dislike josh or would like to see get beat because of the football following, whilst not understanding and not taking on board the hard rd its been as it is for most boxers, its an incredibly tough sport and only a select few get a relativly easy journey.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  14. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Has anyone seen the head to head yet on IfL? Will hopefully give it a watch today.

15. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Saw it. Josh comes across as much angrier and hungrier, Lee comes across as cool/cold and calculating. Very calm and assured. Lee Selby is completely certain of getting the victory, that's for sure. Sees himself as different class to josh.