Sergey Alexandrovich Kovalev vs. Saúl Álvarez Barragán & Ryan García vs. Romero Caingcoy Duno RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 2, 2019.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Lopsided? What fight were you watching? But yeah then BANG Spaghetti Legs BANG KRUSHER KRUSHED All Hunched over in the ropes and **** !!!

2. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Did you see how Kovalev wouldn't throw a punch in the clinch either? That was weird. And how they kept touching gloves every round. I've never seen two fighters be so respectful and be so careful not to foul one another. Ever. I expected Kovalev to at least throw one punch to the body after Buddy McGirt begged him to.

pacas and 305th like this.
  3. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    How many fighters did he drain?.

4. Nonito Smoak

Nonito Smoak Ioka>Lomo, sorry my dudes Full Member

Sep 8, 2010
    It's a boxing forum not a dating site. I don't enjoy life near enough to be a group-hugging type.

5. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
    Read through the thread, most people had Kovalev winning most or all of the first five, and still up by at least a few after ten. And this wasn't a case of everyone aping my scoring, because I was watching on Sky Sports and thus on a 2 minute delay, so all the DAZN viewers had already posted their scores before me.

6. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    This.

7. NewBoxingOrder

NewBoxingOrder Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 13, 2008

Well said.

The most disturbing moment of the fight, for me, was in Round 8 when Canelo started to pose and do the "walkabout" as he tried to rest up. With the concept being he's ahead and if he preens and struts he can just automatically bank rounds.

I had Kovalev up 7-1 at that point.

Knowing you have the judges in your corner helps a whole lot. A whole lot. Totally changes the gameplan, from both sides.

I respect Canelo as a fighter. But the Canelo "phenomenon" is more myth than substance.

8. cuchulain

cuchulain VIP Member Full Member

Jan 6, 2007
    He had 42 fights when he fought Floyd.

32 of them against no -hopers in small Mexican arenas.

He had 10 decent wins and was in no way the fighter he became since.

He was a very good win for Floyd AT THAT TIME,

MrFoFody and OvidsExile like this.
  9. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Nothing spineless at all. I said if Kovalev loses he's shot. He's been showing signs of being shot for awhile now, arguably he was after the second Ward fight. Yeah he looked good in his two last outings. But he also had a solid camp for both and wasn't overtrained, and still almost managed to get stopped by Yarde. But the turnaround was too fast. This was his third fight this year. When was the last time you've seen an old fighter at the end of his career fight twice in 3 months time? I was hoping for the best and laying out scenarios, like I always do.

10. Impulse_0

Impulse_0 Active Member Full Member

Oct 22, 2011
    You guys DKSAB.

Canelo has an iron chin
    Kovalev has a questionable chin

It was obviously from the first two rounds that Canelo was much faster and slicker than Kovalev. Kovalev had obviously been instructed by Buddy to manage distance and built points by touching Canelo with the jab; which he did to great effect the whole fight (except on the crooked scorecards). It was a great decision and make Canelo look small and ineffective. Kovalev started letting his hands go in the 10th and 11th round and lost focus for a split second and it was over.

Kovalev noted post fight he didn’t sit down on his right hand to prevent openings to his body per instructions from his corner. Amazing victory by Canelo. Great performance and strategy from Kovalev but he couldn’t bring it home.

MrFoFody likes this.
  11. tinman

tinman VIP Member Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    So you're the ultimate ends justify the means type of guy? That context doesn't matter? Well hell, if that's the case then just go look up boxrec gather everybody's records and then evaluate the fighters based on that. You're being intentionally obtuse.

OvidsExile likes this.
  12. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Then stop following me around like a little puppy dog trying to get my attention *****.

305th likes this.
  13. expljose

expljose Active Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2013
    Oh boy greener then frog poop

14. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    You see how they played videos of Canelo winning the title before the fight? Turned my stomach. I was like, "At least let them fight before you start making videos about how Canelo won the fight."

15. ellerbe

ellerbe It’s a Tank world Full Member

Jul 25, 2014
    How much I gotta pay to have @ElCyclon, @shadow111, and @IsaL perm banned. I'll paypal you 100 right now.

Boon, JacK Rauber, BCS8 and 1 other person like this.