Sergey Alexandrovich Kovalev vs. Saúl Álvarez Barragán & Ryan García vs. Romero Caingcoy Duno RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by IntentionalButt, Nov 2, 2019.

1. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    has anyone got link to rest of fight, if thats allowed? my youtube fight got cut off when kovalev slipped in round 11.

i want to see ginger get koed.

thx. krusha time!

2. OvidsExile

OvidsExile At a minimum, a huckleberry over your persimmon. Full Member

Aug 28, 2012
    Most people can't tell the difference between a landed and a blocked punch. Scores should have been a draw through ten. Neither fighter was dominating or "putting on a clinic."

roughdiamond and Ph33rknot like this.
  3. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    I agree was surprised most had a wash

OvidsExile likes this.
  4. Rastebbs

Rastebbs New Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Phew.....that was nearly the final straw for me. Very nearly left the forum for good if anyone one here had thought that that was a plausible fight

5. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    Which is why you are widely regarded as the smartest man on the forum.

CST80 likes this.
  6. Rastebbs

Rastebbs New Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2019
    Yes I don’t think he was truly up for it. He was boxing to a strategy I think but that strategy was put in place to try and outpoint Canelo. If he had truly believed he was going to win he wouldn’t have taken the fight at such short notice and he woulda been going for a KO. He was just in there for a payday

7. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    Only an idiot brags how smart and knowledgeable he is ( but still gets it wong most of the time ),,,ironically its a head mod on here and we know who that is his initials are C8 !

Most ppl wouldn't regard me as smart bc smart ppl usually aren't on forums to begin with if that's was the case you guys would actually understand the sport better..

Last edited: Nov 3, 2019
    Rastebbs likes this.
  8. OvidsExile

Aug 28, 2012
    Lol, been waiting for that. Fights been over for hours and he's just catching up.

9. NaiKoN

NaiKoN M Power! Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    May be there is a reason for this? :stick:

10. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    He was never getting Canelo out of there early. Canelo's defense was anything but pedestrian, jesus. Kovalev goes all out early he loses earlier - simple.

11. HerolGee

HerolGee VIP Member banned Full Member

Sep 22, 2010
    sorry just woke up.

12 round is missing from the youtube vid, must have been put up by a cnaelo fan to hide his losing., cowards.

12. JohnThomas1

JohnThomas1 VIP Member Full Member

Apr 27, 2005
    Took a dive lol. He could well have been worried about his stamina, maybe even his chin, hence he fought a conservative fight. He fought a good fight, he for mine was up and not tooo far from home. How could he know the smaller man would pole axe him.

13. roughdiamond

roughdiamond Ridin' the rails... Full Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Seemed a bit like a Wlacott Marciano 2 situation as well, personally. Kov had enough, was shot.

And that right hand was a monster shot too. HD slow mo.

This content is protected

sid, Rastebbs and JohnThomas1 like this.
  14. NaiKoN

NaiKoN M Power! Full Member

Apr 28, 2013
    Overall it all looks strange, obviously Kovalev is shot, but the knockout looked sus (the first hit specifically) as well as the whole fight where Kovalev wasn’t using much of the power punches, bookies and DAZN 2 fight comeback contract in case of loss.
    It all ads up?

15. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    all frickin night canelo could not miss his left hook to the head, cant believe nobody noticed. it reminded me of the shots dadashev was taking in his very unfortunate fight. its appropriate that thats the shot that took kovalevs senses at the end.