Sergey Alexandrovich Kovalev vs. Tervel Venkov Pulev & Kubrat Pulev vs. Jerry Forrest RBR.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, May 14, 2022.

1. CST80

CST80 De Omnibus Dubitandum: Reject The New Normal Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    IB's RBR disclaimer:

DO NOT ASK FOR LINKS! Do not hint for them. Do not ask "what channel?". Do not make any post that could be interpreted as insinuating a link request, even if it sounds innocent (ie stuff like "Gee, I don't have a way to watch this" or "if only this was televised where I live...")

The folks at ESB do not want to get sued and therefore have adopted a VERY strict policy of zero-tolerance on stream requests to cover their butts.

Thank you.

PS. My only other request is that, as a matter of courtesy, you refrain from posting spoilers if you are aware of undercard results that most people are going to see televised on delay. Please also don't spoil results from other unrelated events here. Thanks.

2. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft 'Snarky Little Gobshite' - IntentionalButt Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Huh? This is tonight?

Oddone likes this.
  3. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, this is a little too early, but those damned Triller cards, you have no idea when they're going to be on. So it could be on in another 5 or 6 hours or so.

Accurate and George Crowcroft like this.
  4. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Yep.

5. KO KIDD

KO KIDD Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 5, 2009
    Saw a preview of this at the bar the other night. How are the vargas kids any potential?
    Forrest is tougg if he can get to the later rounds he might make this interesting

6. BCS8

BCS8 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    Man if only Kovalev still has some juice left in the tank

7. FrankinDallas

FrankinDallas Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 24, 2004
    The only "juice" Kovalev has in his body is vodkha.

8. BCS8

BCS8 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 21, 2012
    ye that's what i fear too

9. drenlou

drenlou "Survey Says, 1 More For The Good Guys!" Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Viva los Vargas Dynasty!

KO KIDD likes this.
  10. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    It says 9pm est on fite tv app.

CST80 likes this.
  11. navigator

navigator "Billy Graham? He's my man." Full Member

Nov 5, 2017
    Fernando Sr. was one of the very first fighters of my era that I loved, but I'm not gonna assume his kids are real chips off the old block or embrace them just because they're his sons. From the excerpts I saw of the family chat with Paulie, they seem likeable enough for zoomers, but I need to check them out more as fighting identities.

These days, I'm much more open/less blinded to the possibility that Vargas was something of an azzhole who kinda deserved what came to him in the form of the Tito/De La Hoya/Mosley beatings than I was as a kid/teenager. I don't know the whole story of what went down in Oxnard in Feroz' tearaway days, but a lot of people who were around that scene testify that he was something of a thug and bully, so I keep an open mind to the possibility that he was exactly that.

With that said, I'll always love Fernando Sr.'s ring essence, his energy, the way he fought/his boxing ability and the way his young adult self would step to veterans of the game with consummate confidence in his ability and who he was. If one or any of his kids has even, I dunno, 70% of what he had, they should be worth following.

12. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    He's earned it.

13. drenlou

Jan 22, 2015
    They all got potential but Emiliano is the one that resembles his dads style and skillset the most. The guy hes up against tonite should pose a pretty good challenge for him in his pro debut.

Last edited: May 14, 2022
    navigator likes this.
  14. anjawnaymiz

anjawnaymiz Unexpected item in bagging area Full Member

Sep 6, 2008
    It’s pronounced wod-ka