Seriously did Tommy Fury really fight a guy with a 2-26 record ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Peterp, Dec 21, 2019.

1. Pompey Junglist

Pompey Junglist Member Full Member

Aug 8, 2019
    Unlikely. Both have since sadly perished in separate hail storms.

2. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Haha! I loved how they presented him too...”an experienced professional with 28 fights”.

3. Inglis_1

Inglis_1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 4, 2018
    Similar to the guy David Adeleye fought, but yeah, this journeyman offered nothing. I was expecting the guy to at least have a bit of durability and take Fury the distance or a few rounds at least. Having a record like that doesn't concern me as long as he has something to offer to young prospects but yeah, not this guy.

4. EJC83

EJC83 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 20, 2019
    The running away bit at the end, I know it's easy to say but why do that so early on in the fight, if you're going to go out at least go out having a go. Someone is going to have great satisfaction knocking out Tommy Fury, let's face it, he looks like a KO waiting to happen, he's conscious of his looks and when he gets caught a few times it will be interesting to see how he takes it.

5. TheWorstEver(TWE)

TheWorstEver(TWE) Active Member Full Member

Sep 22, 2018
    Agreed.

Suspect.chin likes this.
  6. Shakermaker

Shakermaker Active Member Full Member

Mar 19, 2019
    That’s what got me. So cringey and just setting themselves up for embarrassment. Can’t believe that was co main event ffs

TheWorstEver(TWE) likes this.
  7. Hattonmad

Hattonmad Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 5, 2009
    I don't understand why everyone is so worked up about it. It was almost like another debut for Tommy last night considering the lay off. The opponent was always going to be a soft touch. Yes, it was too soft and hopefully his next run out lasts a little longer.

He's obviously a nice lad from a fighting family who's going to give it a go. Lets give him a chance and see where he ends up. He's a 22 year old kid with practically no no amateur career.

BigStiffIdiot and Cally like this.
  8. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    He is also a clear PED user or definatley has been on them.

This content is protected

9. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Yes. He used to do a lot of bodybuilding in his teens and used steroids while doing so. That was before he considered competing in boxing. So what?

10. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    That pic was 3 months before his pro debut.

11. Hattonmad

Jan 5, 2009
    Hard to know when he stopped using them but it's a non-issue now because he had to cut all that muscle to make LHW.

12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Rice Pudding Ruiz Jnr could not cut out junk food for 5 minutes never mind the ring

channy likes this.
  13. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Imagine Iron Mike Tyson or Lennox Lewis in their prime running away from Butterbean for 12 rounds - they would be too ashamed to even think about it.

Tony Dosh PPV had no meaningful opponent yet still stunk out Saudi. A fringe pudding who will only fight puddings and has been exposed.

Tommy Fury's opponent was a deluxe pudding, similar to nearly all of the puddings on the Tony Dosh PPV CV.

Glenn McKrory and channy like this.
  14. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Fair dos to him for stepping in that square ring to be fair, I don't like to criticise any fighter as it takes guts to get in there.

But it has to be a gimmick surely, and there is only one place I see him ending up and that is doing hair product adverts with Cheryl Cole/bolognaise or whatever she calls herself these days...

He has a semi bright future and will earn a few quid though so good luck to him.

ipitythefool, Jurgen and Scissors like this.
  15. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Cant argue with this folks!!