Seriously who hits harder Foreman, Wilder, Tyson, Shavers, Wlad, or Lewis

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingIQ, Jun 25, 2019.

1. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    I keep hearing people saying that Wilder is the hardest puncher. But where does he stack up against the elite?

2. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    No idea none of them ever hit me thank the Good Lord lol If I had to pick though I'd say Earnie Shavers

3. Ironmanmt

Ironmanmt Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2019
    I think they all hit harder than Wilder, not to say Wilder isn't right up there with them because he also has devastating punching power.

4. Simon Head

Simon Head Member Full Member

Jan 31, 2017
    Wilder is 2/4 KO’s against top ten heavyweights. 50% KO rate. Just thought that was a interesting stat.

lefthandlead likes this.
  5. Simon Head

Jan 31, 2017
    Actually it is really 1/3 KO’s against top ten 33% KO rate. Stiverne was not in top ten for second fight.

6. Simon Head

Jan 31, 2017
    Pretty hard to tell really, would say Foreman, Wlad and Tyson punched the hardest out of that bunch.

lordlosh and Big Ukrainian like this.
  7. Xseed

Xseed New Member Full Member

Jun 8, 2014
    According to Holyfield, George Foreman hit him the hardest. In one interview he even compares Tyson and Foreman saying that Tyson threw rocks and Foreman threw boulders at him.

edit : I JUST watched a second interview, because of this thread, and Holyfield says that he never got hit by Mike's big bombs, so he doesn't really know if he hits harder. Interestingly too, if I remember correctly George Foreman once said that punching up was better for power than punching down, so who knows.

lefthandlead and ipitythefool like this.
  8. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Tyson for brute combination of speed, technique, heavy handedness and bad intentions.

Wilder for speed and bad intentions. Single shot his right hand is ridiculous.

Wlad and Lewis for speed, technique and heavy handedness. Both big guys with great mechanics and athleticism.

Foreman for overall heavy handedness. His slowness and generally crappy technique lets him down though.

Shavers is overrated as a puncher. Great for a CW, not so much as a HW.

9. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Wilder's easily comparable to them. He might suck as a fighter but his power is very real.

chacal, PaddyGarcia and Ph33rknot like this.
  10. Oakland Billy Smith

Oakland Billy Smith Active Member banned Full Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Hard to say....Shavers was supposedly the hardest hitter ever, but i think thats more legend than fact...
    Foreman was pretty devastating in his own right, but Clay shouldnt have been able to rope a dope him for so many rounds if his power was landing.
    Right now I have Wilder on par with Tyson...both of may be the best finishers in the game, both of them have all but walked through mid level competition but struggled with top tier boxers. I may even give wilder the edge over Tyson when it comes to one punch power .
    And of course Lennox Lewis, who i believe was the most complete HW ever combines brutal power with skillful boxing and was also a devastating finisher who's level of competition was above that of Tyson of Wilder.....so for these reasons i will choose Lennox as hardest puncher ever

11. MorvidusStyle

MorvidusStyle Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 11, 2017
    Prime Wlad. Probably Wilder's RH is equal or maybe slightly more powerful(though if Wlad leaped into his it would also increase power), but Wlad's jab and LH are bigger punches.

BCS8, ipitythefool, Slowhand and 3 others like this.
  12. pistal47

pistal47 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 14, 2007
    P4P either Shavers, Tyson, or Wilder id say.

13. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Since there is no real way to examine their power head to head. We should go on gut instinct.

I'm going with Wilder. Hits you anywhere, any angle, even if you're blocking, you're going to get hurt. Knocked out big guys with solid chins, and he is the smallest heavyweight (relatively) out of all of them.

Than Tyson

Than Shavers

Than toss up between Wlad, Foreman and Lennox... as they are in similar bracket of power... although Wlad has some juicy one punch power.

They all hit hard however. But there is different types of power... Earnie, Tyson and Wilder have that MAGICAL, gifted type... being that they ain't even the biggest guys in the division... quite the opposite.

Ph33rknot, pistal47 and Okin129 like this.
  14. Okin129

Okin129 ... Full Member

Mar 24, 2017
    This content is protected

Joey Dawejko thinks nobody in history could match Wilder‘s power.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  15. reckless

reckless Active Member Full Member

Mar 18, 2018
    What about Joe Louis?