Seriously.........Why not Hatton V Cotto.....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Taffyy, Jul 19, 2007.

1. Taffyy

Taffyy Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Despite FM being arguably the greatest technical boxer of this era Im pretty sure that any future superfight involving him with either Cotto/Hatton would be a borefest as FM will just not make a fight of it & pretty much run........Im pretty sure that Hatton v Cotto would be the "superfight" that boxing needs............Without doubt people will post ridiculous replies like "Cotto destroys Hatton"...etc..etc.........I personally think that it would be a toe to toe extravaganza......Huge body punchers in close mixing it up in a proper tear up.........If you want to watch technical class......watch FM & his evasion techniques , However for a blood & guts excitement fest I think you'd struggle to beat Hatton V Cotto............You also have to take into account the fanbase that both fighters can bring.............A truly hardcore match up in my opinion !!!!

2. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    This fight will happen in time...and I can't wait...probably fight of the Scores....(That's 20 years fro those of you that didn;t know...)

3. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    cos arum's seen one of his boys gets licked and he don't wanna see it again does he ffs. :yep

4. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    I don't think Cotto can make 140 anymore, Hatton is just gonna have to adapt to 147 to make these fights happen. I do think he can lure PBF down to 140 though.

5. djb2009

djb2009 Member Full Member

Jan 7, 2007
  6. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    :patsch

7. Antwuan Maxx

Antwuan Maxx Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 23, 2006
    I would much rather see Cotto vs. Mayweather, Mosley, Cintron, Clottey, Margarito etc., because Hatton makes ugly ugly fights, and I have no desire to see him fight anyone. I know already if a fight with Cotto materialized, Hatton's gameplan would heavily revolve around holding Cotto's left while he clubs away with the opposite hand.

8. MIK1000

MIK1000 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 1, 2005
    you could say cotto was the better fighter but hatton's tougher and would last longer in a war. I can see hatton taking cottos punches but cotto might not take hattons. Hattons already proved he can survive in brutal slugfests but I think cotto's ability to do that is a bit suspect.

great fight between two of my favorite fighters.

9. Taffyy

Mar 6, 2006
    Got to agree with that MIK...................Now that would be a scrap !!!!!!!!!

10. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    :patsch they dont come tougher than cotto, and how many wars has hatton actually been in, did you see what cotto did to judah?? hatton had trouble with judahs sparring partner collazo

and what brutal slugfest did hatton exactly survive?? the one against maggee?

cotto cant take hattons punches?? are you crazy, have you ever seen cotto fight?

11. Toopretty

Toopretty Custom made Full Member

Jul 3, 2007
    Cotto at 147 would show hatton what a body punch really is. Two landed punches by Cotto and hatton will down right throw boxing out of the window and try to wrestle cotto. I mean all out wrestle. Cotto is strong as an ox too. Cotto would punish hatton worse then he has ever been hit. Tsyu was old and could not handle smothering. Cotto wants you close...it makes his offense alot easier. Big difference in skill and power between the two.

12. Caper

Caper How about a fair shake? banned Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I agree:smoke

13. Taffyy

Mar 6, 2006
    I do think that the weight fought at make s big difference in a Hatton Cotto match up..........I think Ricky has the edge at 140 but at 147 it would be Cotto............Given the right amount of time & right conditioning at EITHER weight its got the makings of a classic...............Seriously With the exception of Calzaghe/Kessler there isnt a a BIG fight coming up that tickles my balls !!!!..............The last Superfightor should I say supershite was DLH v FM & we all know what a ****in yawn inducing **** up that was...........Next we have Hopkins & Winky.........mmmmmmmm............cant see that won being that memorable...!!!!!............I think that both Cotto & Hatton can bring what is needed to the table and at the moment love them or hate them both guys certainly capture the boxing publics imagination.........Hopefully their paths will cross sooner rather than later........

14. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    I'll make it short . . . because Hatton is not interested to go up to 147 and fight Cotto. All Coto wanted now is to establish himself at 147 and I don't think he'll go down where he is having problem making the weight.

15. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    how could hatton have trouble going up to 147, when he has to come down from 190 anyways?