Seriously.........Why not Hatton V Cotto.....

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Taffyy, Jul 19, 2007.

1. ferd cloupes

ferd cloupes Member Full Member

Dec 24, 2006
    cotto hatton would be marvellous. as stumpy as ricky is i'm sure he could add seven pounds if he did it properly and over the requisite amount of time. wouldn't pick a winner though cos i'm a coward

2. Taffyy

Taffyy Active Member Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    The problem is with alot of fight fans is that they are judging Hattons 147 prospects on the back of his ill fated foray against Collazo...........1 fight for ****s sake..........There wasnt the time for the right conditioning needed to effectivley go up a weight & it showed big time............I think given the right time & regime Hatton could move up & be effective at 147..........Lets be honest if he wants the dues he has to move up sooner rather than later anyway...............Thats where the men & the money are............Anyway the point of my thread is that if Rickys moving up to 147 for Mayweather I would much rather see him do it and fight Cotto.........I know enough about this game to admit that his style against Mayweathers whilst on one hand could cause FM problems on the other hand could make Hatton look silly..........At least against Cotto we'll get action.......

3. psychopath

psychopath D' "X" Factor Full Member

Mar 13, 2007
    Nah nah nah . . . I for one is basing it for what came out of Hatton's own mouth. He said he's not comfortable at that weight and since he came down back to 140 I don't think he'll go up back to 147.

If he does then I'll be impressed. :yep

4. rodney

rodney Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 16, 2006
    Hatton is only a 140 fighter.
    At 147, against any of the top guys, he gets a licken.

5. hitman_hatton1

hitman_hatton1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    cotto still needs to prove it on that top level for me.

people go on about castillo being past it but judah weren't exactly the young exciting talent anymore either. :roll:

6. Chiko_Tech

Chiko_Tech Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 6, 2006
    Well was younger fresher and better fighter than Castillo.

7. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    hattons war with zoo pisses all over any supposed war cotto has been in.

8. Charles187

Charles187 Active Member Full Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Castillo only looked shot becouse hatton gave him no room to breath. Il admit he was past his best, but hes in just as good a condition as Judah. He lost to a journeyman 18 months ago - that gives you an idea of what hes like now!

9. Mook

Mook Member Full Member

Nov 18, 2005
    Hatton would be ok at 147 against Cotto. the disparity in natural size between them I don't feel is to great. If Hatton was taking on a big Welter, like say margo, that's a different matter. but against Cotto or PBF Idon't really mind what the weight is.

Btw, this fight will happen within two years, probably next year. And I take Hatton by mid-round stoppage because I favour his whiskers and defence (he rarely gets hit flush, and his footwork is far superior). it's not that I doubt Cotto's beard as such, but he can be shaken - and unlike some of cotto's previous foes, Hatton more than has the ability to follow up. that's the difference for me.

But, really, I'd like to see a round robin with these two and PBF. That's three great fights that would pretty much define their era, and they could all retire on those fights as the legends of their time.

10. Relentless

Relentless VIP Member banned

Mar 5, 2006
    oh what a fight of the year candidate that was.:lol: :patsch

11. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Hope it will happen in the next year or two.

12. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Floyd vs Cotto or Hatton would be a good fight. As far as this running thing, your tripping. Movement and running are two different thing :yep However, a Hatton fight and Cotto fight would be more intertaining because it would be a slug fest. On the other hand, those to against Floyd maybe slower because it would be a boxing clinic put on Hatton and Cotto.

13. Orishaman

Orishaman I tell it like it is.... Full Member

Aug 5, 2004
    At this point, and even further down the line at 147 Cotto will **** Hatton anyway you sliced it....

14. ThePlugInBabies

ThePlugInBabies ♪ ♫ Full Member

Jan 27, 2007
    see you aren't denying it though :roll:

15. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    I think that plays a part in it too, weight. Don't think Hatton can beat Cotto at 147.