Serves Eddie Right

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by split_decision, Sep 26, 2021.

1. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    You often say that Wilder "cherry picked" Fury for Wilder vs Fury 1. Would this not also be a cherry pick by Joshua in this situation then?

He accepted 40% against Wilder to then win the belt and be able to demand 50/50 in the Joshua money spinner fight. It's an astute decision.

After going over this (again!) do you retract the "Fury turned them down" comment? It's at best very disingenuous and I think you're intelligent enough to show a bit more integrity than that.

aaaaa likes this.
  2. aaaaa

aaaaa Ash banned Full Member

Dec 19, 2020
    Personally I felt I got value for money watching that main event last night. Undercard was a bit crap but was always going to be - Hearn wasn’t going to make a Sky card great when he’s just left them, a lot of people buy Joshua PPV’s just for the main event, and tickets had already sold out before the undercard was announced.

Sap1en likes this.
  3. Work the body

Work the body Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 5, 2015
    We will never see Fury-AJ.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  4. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    They only attempted to make the Fury fight when yet again Wilder turned another offer over double the purse he had earned at the time to fight AJ. Hence why Wilder stated in a inteview he could of made more money fighting AJ but chose Fury instead due to in his words "felt sorry for him: (I interpret this as he viewed a easy touch after looking in his first two comeback fight, cherry pick gone wrong).

Be it Fury or Furys team, they have turned down 3 chances to fight AJ.

5. Brixton Bomber

Brixton Bomber Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Sep 21, 2013
    Fury has never wanted the AJ fight.

From Eddie's offer to now, Fury doesn't want it.

6. First Round KO

First Round KO Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 14, 2013
    I honestly don't have any appetite for a Fury vs Joshua bout, Fury is on another level, It will be over in a maximum 3 round destruction.

7. Heisenberg

Heisenberg Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    No I said triple the money from last night, plus there’s always a potential Fury fight win, lose or draw the Usyk rematch

8. Furious

Furious Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    That's not what you said above, which you now admit isn't correct.

We don't know that. My instinct is that both fighters want it. Hearn said this in the Fury/Hearn DAZN interview and if anyone is going to try and spread negativity about Fury's desire for this fight then it's him!

It's a shame the politics and general rubbish gets in the way. We may never get to see this fight now.

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Chisora the new co-face of DAZN UK along with Pudding Whyte

split_decision and rezzer like this.
  10. Sap1en

Sap1en Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2020
    Honestly I have no real complaints about the card last night. It was a great event however putting Hatton on after Smith wasn't a great move but a full stadium with the fireworks and the meant the main event felt like the huge event it deserved to feel like.

11. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    I would rather have a proper undercard and the event could have been at York Hall for all I care. I couldn't care less about fireworks. In fact, that whole fireworks and long ring walk, Joshua shadow boxing for 5 minutes on that stand just bored me to tears. It was just there to hype up the event without adding any substance, and it helps to gloss over how poor the card was prior to the main event. But that's just me.

Wizbit1013, rezzer, crixus85 and 2 others like this.
  12. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    The scary thing is the hatton fight was probably the most competetive fight of the night. I quite enjoyed it tbf...i dont really see the harm in sticking him on as a bit of a floater fight. It is disrespectful to the other fighters etc...but the name gives you a bit of interest in the fight. They gave it their all...was pretty entertaining even if it was a low level of boxing in the grand scheme of things. Think hatton probably needs to give it up after last night tho...he,ll end up hurt if he goes up the levels. Also looked to me like the opponent could have finished it and chose not to. Hatton lost that fight regardless tho.

Sap1en likes this.
  13. Dangerwood84

Dangerwood84 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I'm with you about ring walks, no way these prolonged entertainment fest ring walks help the participating fighter either, it's not needed, just extra baggage. Get to the ring, no fuss, Tyson style and do your **** in the ring!

crixus85 likes this.
  14. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Copied straight from the Klitschko fights in German Stadiums - makes a great build up to the fight.

unfriendlyorchid and Sap1en like this.
  15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    I thought this thread was about Hearn signing Campbell Hatton.

split_decision likes this.