Shane Mosley vs Roberto Duran at 135. Who wins?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mangitis, Dec 13, 2010.

1. Jason Gordon

Jason Gordon Active Member Full Member

Sep 26, 2021
    Duran by 2 or 3 points in a great fight.

2. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Both.

3. northpaw

northpaw Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jun 5, 2010
    There's a multi year run where I don't think there's a LW in history that could beat Duran.

Shane exhibits frustration on his face more than any other high level boxer I've ever seen, just imagine the pressure Duran gives as he rolls and counters extremely hard, continually. He'd have Shane nearly at tears. I don't think Duran can stop him, for all of his hating to be hit, and can take shots like a horse. But he'd definitely shut Shane down to where I think it becomes a lopsided fight late.

4. PlechkoisTyson

PlechkoisTyson Member Full Member

Sep 8, 2018
    Duran beats mosley up, but dont stop him.

5. Levook

Levook Active Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    I'd go with Duran too - btw, who do you pick over him at LW? I read in an interview that Ray Arcel, who trained both Duran and Benny Leonard, picked Leonard to out-smart him.

Dannymita likes this.
  6. Dannymita

Dannymita Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2019
    I can't comment on whether I'd pick Benny Leonard over him as I've never seen footage.. obviously arcels words carry weight.... Personally only guy I'd have over him is Pernell Whitaker...think his fundamentals are just too good coupled with how slippery he was ...he'd probably just pip Duran.... Really close....

I could also be very wrong though lol

Levook likes this.
  7. tinman

tinman WWE Audition Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Duran does.

8. tinman

tinman WWE Audition Full Member

Feb 25, 2015
    Leonard punches harder than Mosley. Leonard is faster than Mosley.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  9. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    I don't see an easy fight for either man. And I have Duran on my Mt. Rushmore.

Jackman65 likes this.
  10. Levook

Levook Active Member Full Member

Aug 26, 2020
    Pea was an amazing ATG, great shout - wow, what a matchup that would've been! I like Duran in that one, but Pernell would give Roberto all he could handle, that's for sure.

Dannymita likes this.
  11. Jackman65

Jackman65 Dat bicep doe. Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    Shane was very good at 135. I’m picking Duran but it would be a great fight between two skilled guys. Whenever a great like Duran gets compared to a modern day great like Shane, most fans probably pick the previous era guy. I was a big fan of both and respect both guys.

Duran was a guy who won some wars in the ring. He was relentless and so crafty. And he moved his head so well, it was hard to land clean shots on him. It was hard to see in real time but in slow motion you could see it. In his prime, he was so good and so hard to beat. In the first SRL fight, when he beat Leonard in Montréal, I couldn’t believe how strong he was throughout the fight against Leonard who I believe was undefeated. I can’t pick Mosley over Duran even though I have massive respect for Shane. Duran was that good.

Shane Mosley in his prime was not an easy fight for anyone. Even though I favor Duran, he would have to earn it because Shane was so talented in his prime.

The Real Lance likes this.
  12. Dynamicpuncher

Dynamicpuncher Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2022
    Shane Mosley looked awesome at 135, but his resume there was paper thin TBH. I don't think Mosley is a good enough boxer nor does he have the footwork to beat Duran, Duran would mug him and beat him up on the inside.

13. Young Terror

Young Terror ★ Griselda ★ Full Member

May 9, 2012
    Mosley doesnt have the footwork to trouble Duran and his inside fighting was average to say the least .Duran would torture him on the inside and beat him up, Mosley was tough though so i think he might go the distance but no way hes beating Manos De Piedra no way in hell.

14. EddieLima

EddieLima Member Full Member

Jun 4, 2022
    At one 135 Duran wins KO by a low blow