Shanon Courtney vs Ebanie Bridge

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by TBC-ASAP, Mar 14, 2021.

1. Furious

Furious Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 2, 2017
    I think it must be deliberate, they have a few stock phrases and approaches they do that they somehow get their audience to repeat.

"Round of drinks" or "takeaway" is one. That often crops up.

Hearn criticising people who criticise him or fights as "living in their parents box room wearing Transformers pyjamas" is something I see Matchroom FC types parrot on social media.

He's very slick and good with the media, so I am convinced he knows what he's doing and it's all deliberate. Sky know their exact demographic through years of market research.

2. N17

N17 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 16, 2013

Hahahaha the old takeaway, I'm surprised they haven't upped the price of a PPV to the average price of a round of drinks.. say around £35?

Hearn has no right to talk about people wearing anything, he is a man in his 40's dressing like a teenager who is on the spectrum and his best mate Koogs trying to Big him up when everybody takes the pee by saying "that jumper cost £1500.."

Hearn is a walking midlife crisis, the cheeky mug.

But you're right, Hearn is a salesman, he says it all the time, he has his techniques and scripted lines, uses stock words and phrases.. "Stacked Card" is wearing a little thin now so he its "Two or Three WORLD TITLE FIGHTS" but not mentioning they are women's.

I used to defend Hearn quite a bit, I thought some of the criticism was unfair but I can't defend him these days, he is robbing people in my opinion.

The mental gymnastics this moron does is outrageous.. he says that somebody like Chisora is a PPV fighter because if the numbers are good then he is.

He also says that Chisora has to be PPV because he earns a certain amount, it is the only way we can afford to pay him and that's the market figure, A FIGURE HEARN HAS INVENTED.

Chisora pays Hearn to promote him, so the more Chisora earns the more Hearn earns, so its in Eddies interests to tell everybody (including Sky) Chisora is worth millions per fight, same as Whyte, the more they earn the more he earns.

So it's just one big rob in my opinion.

Sonny1, Here's Johnny, Holler and 7 others like this.
  3. Willis Brown

Willis Brown Member Full Member

Apr 30, 2017
    I think Hearn also omits the fact that you also are already paying monthly Sky Sports Subscription ! I am willing to consider PPV for what I consider to be worth it

Holler and velagod like this.
  4. roddy

roddy Member Full Member

Mar 1, 2021
    Spot on all that.

His clobber at the weekend was horrendous. Tries to act like one of the cool kids, all that designer pj stuff with Canelo. Proper cringe.

I used to defend him too but it's gone too far now. I saw some comments he made about Lewis Ritson and how Newcastle is now the 'premier night out for boxing fans'. That just sums it up and shows exactly the type of crowd he tries to attract. If I'm going to boxing, it's dependant on the quality of the fight and because I like one of the fighters, not just to go and get p!ssed and sing football songs all night.

N17, DramaShow and CutThroatFade like this.
  5. dellboi94

dellboi94 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 3, 2013
    Is this for the simpweight title?

Holler likes this.
  6. ryanm8655

ryanm8655 Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 23, 2008
    Will be lucky to get 3 pints in London for £20 post lockdown.

N17 likes this.
  7. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    :risas3: Very true

8. EJC83

EJC83 Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 20, 2019

Because in no way, shape or form (pardon the puns) did her looks aid her route to a World Title shot.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2021
    N17 likes this.
  9. im sparticus

im sparticus He's a good kid. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    How does it work then. Im assuming that it's not against the wba rulings for a female boxer to have implants but there again, the bbbc have a duty of care for any fighters on shows in the UK.
    Isn't Lisa a flyweight?

10. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    If Bridges doesn't get the chance to fight because of her surgically enhanced chest, ironically a factor in why she got the fight in the first place, it will kick off #metoo

Heisenberg and N17 like this.
  11. Erik

Erik Active Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2015
    What happens if she claims they aren't implants and she just has unnaturally massive, pert knockers? Does shoe have go to BBBoC and get them out in front of Terry O'Connor to have a butchers? It's pretty ridiculous really. So even if that is a rule, there is no way the BBBoC would get away with enforcing it in today's political climate.

Holler and N17 like this.
  12. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    I do believe Adam Smith has offered to do any medical checks for free, because the NHS shouldn't be bothered with this sort of stuff during a pandemic

He is willing to do External or Internal exams, he has even asked if he can do it without latex gloves, as he is claiming he is allergic to latex.

Koogs has also applied.

Erik likes this.
  13. EJC83

Jan 20, 2019
    She's already confirmed in interviews that they're fake but even if she didn't, it's 2021, if the eyes were unable to confirm the medical would certainly prove conclusive. This is the problem, ex bodybuilder plays boxing, it gets ridiculously real very fast because of how the world is now and all of a sudden we've got a girl who wanted to look like Barbie, which is absolutely fine if she wants to look that way, in a World Title fight under a board that says, quite rightly, no breast implants in the ring.

Erik likes this.
  14. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Smith wants to do the male fighters exclusively. He probably spends each fight dreaming about the contents of Johnny Nelson's underpants.

Kugan is sexually out of control, he refuses to allow anyone else to interview Bridges or Courtney.

N17 likes this.
  15. N17

Feb 16, 2013
    Hahahahahaha

The contents of Johnny Nelson underpants probably consists of a Kell Brooks right hand.. I believe that's what they call "The chocolate brownie".

Yeah, I'll be amazed if Kugan isn't metoo'ed by a group of women sooner or later, he just looks the sort and his actions are creepy as F.

Sonny1 likes this.