Shawn Showtime Porter has turned down $1000000 because he`s scared to fight Crawford

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by mark ant, Dec 29, 2020.

1. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    No it isn't. But like I said, he gets ratings. He acts like a dumbass and gets all the Pimp C's of the world to buy his fights.

C.J. likes this.
  2. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    I’m a Pimp 2 Lance....:afro: but yeah AB is dumb as FK

3. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    I used to be one too :lol: Man...before he turned in to a jackass, he was funny. Then he just turned sad. I'll most likely watch AB until he retires, but not paying a penny for a fight of his again.

Isn't he supposed to be in jail for a bit?

Bustajay likes this.
  4. Bustajay

Bustajay Feel the Steel/Balls Deep Full Member

Dec 9, 2012
    He will be soon as his dumb aze can’t stay out of trouble

The Real Lance likes this.
  5. dougemerypm

dougemerypm Active Member Full Member

Apr 15, 2017
    All Porter has to do is invoke his mandatory with Crawford and see what the market is. If it is less than a million however he is stuck. Porter has no belt and he has not beat anyone at 147 recently. Take the million, beat Crawford and then you can make it up in future fights. But perhaps he wants the "2 million" because a loss to Crawford ends his big paydays

The Real Lance likes this.
  6. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Precisely! Just because he made 2 mill a few years ago doesn't mean that's now his going rate He's lost to all top WW's aside from danny Garcia, who himself has done nothing at WW other than prove he's a contender.

Porter will not get close to 2 mill or 1 mill, against anyone else other than TC or Manny at 147.

No belt, no draw, no big wins (other than D Garcia...who...see above).

7. The Akbar One

The Akbar One Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 1, 2007
    That is a joke of an offer.

Jackomano likes this.
  8. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    who can he make that much against, realistically?

mark ant likes this.
  9. technocrato

technocrato Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 12, 2009
    If you already have millions, why take one to take a beating and a foreseable concussion? If I was Porter, I would also refuse the money.
    Could Arum offer more than one million, probably not at this point in time with all the restrictions.

10. The Real Lance

Oct 29, 2012
    Also...can Porter make 2 mill again? He's lost to all the top WW's. Will he make a mill versus just a top 10 WW? Kinda doubt it. Porter's running out of shots, and time to be honest.

mark ant likes this.
  11. Quick Cash

Quick Cash Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 12, 2007
    He reportedly made $1M against Sebastian Formella under current conditions.

His purses have been climbing for championship fights, culminating in a $2M payday against Terence's closest rival in Errol Spence. He made $1.25M just the fight before against Yordenis Ugas.

Fact is, no fighter of Shawn's caliber and standing would or should accept an offer like the one being reported here.

That may seem entitled when you compare it to times in the past when an American heavyweight champion only commanded $1M for a megafight, but the economics of the game has changed. We shouldn't criticize fighters for changing with them.

Jackomano likes this.
  12. Jackomano

Jackomano Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 22, 2014
    Porter is a credible name that other guys at 147 can make money with, so if Crawford doesn’t up the offer Porter can still go make money elsewhere. Crawford on the other hand is going to find out the hard way like GGG did that lowballing top fighters doesn’t work. Crawford despite having the WBO belt has a lot less leverage than he thinks.

I’ll be very surprised if Crawford manages to get any of the top guys at 147 with a name to fight him for $1 million.

13. Anima

Anima Kinetic Link Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    Porter has earned more in his other fights.. Are you saying that fighting Crawford is less lucrative than his other fights? This should be up there if not the biggest fight of his career.

If Porter's resume was weak I'd call him entitled but that isn't the case.. You are correct that there's probably no one to fight now but Crawford.

But the point still stands, that offer is a lowball.

14. lufcrazy

lufcrazy requiescat in pace Full Member

Sep 15, 2009
    What I am saying is he should not be turning down a fight Crawford.

If its a negotiation, fine, if its a deal breaker, it's a duck.

mark ant likes this.
  15. Anima

Anima Kinetic Link Full Member

Nov 12, 2010
    He didn't turn down the fight. He turned down the offer. Crawford's camp is free to throw in a new offer.

Porter fought lesser opponents for more money, are you putting Crawford below those guys?

Again, Porter isn't the one with the awful resume at 147 here. You wouldn't put the word duck anywhere near Porter looking at his resume.