Shields V Marshall, who wins and how?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Throwback, Oct 16, 2021.

1. Throwback

Throwback "Somebody wake up Hicks" Full Member

Jul 11, 2020
    I know women's boxing sometimes (and rightly) gets given short shrift, but I genuinely like Marshall, she's a class act, if this gets made, who have you got?

I think marshall weathers an early fast flurry storm, to break down Shields in about 8/9, pity it's not three minutes though.

2. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    It won't look all that dissimilar from today's fight against Muzeya. I doubt it goes past 5.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  3. Throwback

Throwback "Somebody wake up Hicks" Full Member

Jul 11, 2020
    Really? I hope you're spot on there sir

4. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    I will definitely be rooting for Marshall when it happens but as to who will win, I'm not certain yet. I haven't watched Shields since she beat Hammer I need to reacquaint myself with her style to make a proper judgement.

But I don't think you can count out either fighters chances. Marshall has the height, reach, power but Shields has the quicker hands and can clearly box. Both haven't faced anyone as good as the other as a pro, both clearly represent challenges to the other that nobody else can offer.

There's not many meaningful fights in women's boxing but this is one that I am definitely looking forward too.

Throwback likes this.
  5. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Without even a shadow of a doubt, Marshall couldn't be any more "all wrong" for Shields if she tried.

Oneirokritis and Throwback like this.
  6. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    Shields would hang on for the distance, and then being annoyed and angry she doesn't get the win just for being Shields and not getting KO'd.

Oneirokritis likes this.
  7. Oneirokritis

Oneirokritis The Scourge of Stupid Idiots. Full Member

Dec 18, 2015
    Shields would have that shocked and perplexed Joshua / Shannon Courtenay expression when the judge's scorecards are announced. :lol:

Wonder if she'd still have herself on her top 10 P4P list after Marshall mauls her.

Robney and CST80 like this.