Should Alexander Povetkin be admitted into the Hall of Fame?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Perkin Warbeck, Aug 23, 2020.

Should Alexander Povetkin be admitted to the Hall of Fame?

Poll closed Aug 23, 2021.
  1. Yes

50.0%
  2. No

28.9%
  3. I'm not sure

22.4%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. titanic

titanic Boxing Addict Full Member

Aug 7, 2016
    I'm not sure - is my pick
    I wouldn't go as far as HOF

2. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Be famous? Be exciting and popular? There doesn't seem to be much rhyme and reason to how they choose their inductees.

3. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Who? Chagaev, Ibragimov and Haye would be my main picks. Povetkin already beat an only slightly faded Chagaev, and I can't see the other two having a great shot at beating him.

Weirdly I think a prime Adamek might have given him issues. There was a point in time where they looked very evenly matched.

4. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Huck in his prime was a nightmare for anyone. Never the most skilled guy, but he was a straight out savage with one of the nastiest right hands ever.

Povetkin nearly went down a handful of times that night, and looked in serious trouble. He was literally reeling on his feet by the end of the final round while Huck still looked like he wanted more. Thnk Povs was very glad when he heard that decision read out.

ArseBandit likes this.
  5. madballster

madballster VIP Member Full Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Thing is, guys like Maske or Ottke are not in the HOF. It makes it tough to vote Povetkin in.

What are the best examples for lesser guys than Povetkin who made it into the HOF?

6. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    He's had plenty of time in the past 5 years to pick up one. Parker and Charles Martin picked up ones FFS.

7. Spongebob south paw pants

Spongebob south paw pants Active Member Full Member

Feb 28, 2020
    Right so by your logic that's every boxer that's had a fan base then. That leaves more in than out, hardly makes it much to shout about

8. MVC!

MVC! The Best Ever Full Member

Nov 5, 2013
    Hall of juice more like

9. Perkin Warbeck

Perkin Warbeck Boxing aficionado banned Full Member

Nov 4, 2017
    Virgil Hill, Arturo Gatti, and many others.

10. It's Ovah

Sep 5, 2016
    Not my logic that chooses the potential inductees.

And no, the HOF isn't much to shout about anymore. Not since the likes of Gatti and Stallone got inducted.

11. Veys9

Veys9 Let's go Champ! Full Member

Aug 30, 2018
    Povetkin fought for the titles at the wrong time maybe, not neccessarily his fault. He wasn't that experienced against Klitschko and he was 2-3 years too old for the Joshua fight, even if he caused trouble to Joshua. Wonder why he didn't get other title fights between 2013 and 2018.

He should've fought Pulev, Haye and Chisora aswell, but whatever... I think he well deserved to be in the HOF. He's shown consistency on the elite level for the last 10 years and only lost to beltholders. Luck wasn't on his side to win the big titles, but there is no doubt that he's been miles better than people like Charles Martin or Bermane Stiverne who had titles. So yeah, not having titles only throws a small shaddow on Povetkins great career.

Last edited: Aug 26, 2020
  12. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    Sasha is such a boss

Last 5 fights

Price in the UK
    AJ in England
    Hughie in England
    Michael Hunter in Saudi
    Whyte in England

This content is protected

madballster likes this.
  13. IntentionalButt

IntentionalButt Guy wants to name his çock 'macho' that's ok by me Full Member

Nov 30, 2006
  14. shadz96

shadz96 Active Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2012
    i think of him in the jerry quarry, tim witherspoon mercer better thna the rest but not the elite so no, but to say he did not get a real title, given the era, he was in first wlad era, than aj and wilder split, and other issuues, but no, to be fair winning title is ot really valid critiism ken norton never had a real title

15. Richmondpete

Richmondpete Real fighters do road work Full Member

Oct 22, 2015
    If the goal is to have the most illegitimate hall of fame ever, which currently there is an argument for already, then yes he should be.

A hall of fame that I would want to see boxing have he should be nowhere near