Should Chris Eubank Jr swallow his pride and go and knock on Peter Fury's door?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by pow, Feb 26, 2018.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    What makes people think fury would be the right trainer for Eubank anyway?
    Why fury? Why not someone else?

2. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Even a master starts off a fool

If Eubank doesn't have a moment of clarity after this he's hopeless.

It's actually very dumb and ignorant for a kid who seems pretty articulate to think he can train himself. Especially when he's got helluva lot to learn

His dad needs to practice what he preaches and give him a sharp taking too to bring him down a peg or two . My suspicion is he sees him or did with rose tinted spectacles. And also doesn' wanna rock the boat to much as he's a revenue source

pow likes this.
  3. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    I don’t believe Junior will change, however, I can’t help but think Hatton would be a great fit in bringing out his best attributes.

moog likes this.
  4. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    Why Hatton , 20?

5. Twentyman

Twentyman You dog nonce! banned Full Member

Apr 20, 2016
    Personality wise, he’s charismatic, an every-man. On a coaching level I think he’d demand respect, he’s been there and done it. He’s hit rock bottom, and come back.
    Technique wise, I think they have the same fighting philosophy of constant pressure, intensity, stamina, using their physicality on the inside, punch volume, hooks and uppercuts.

I think Hatton would help him on two levels. He would help him to achieve his own identity, away from senior. He would also teach him to move in on the inside more effectively, using feints & jabs. Even on the inside there are improvements he could make from learning from one of the best body punchers we’ve seen.

Howitzer1888, pow and channy like this.
  6. lencoreastside

Dec 27, 2010
    OK :)

Twentyman likes this.
  7. channy

channy 4.7.33 banned Full Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Good post.

And it makes lots of sense, but Jnr would never try it as their would be no preferential treatment...

He is just like the old man, can you imagine him walking into a gym knowing that the thought on everyone's mind is like what Reg Gutteridge once said about Snr, "The EGO has landed".

He needs to accept he is what he is in real terms, and make the changes that he most certainly needs.

No shame in getting things wrong and eating a bit of humble pie, he is talented and smart enough to know this, but if he is not committed to the game full time (Which he is not) then he should forget it.

I hope he chooses wisely and we see him out again soon.

Twentyman likes this.