Should Dillian Whyte leave Matchroom?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Paul Williamson, Jan 11, 2019.

1. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Leave Matchroom and go where?

He's been promoted very well by Matchroom, become a millionaire in the process and has the Sky hype machine at his disposal.

im sparticus likes this.
  2. SambaKing1993

SambaKing1993 Don't do it Zachary! Full Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Whyte is in America today having a meeting with Al Haymon.

He was interviewed by FightHype where he said that he is the only PPV fighter Joshua has ever faced. In his words, "Klitschko has only had 1 PPV, Fury 2, Wilder 1, Povetkin 0, I've had 3!". Not only is his statement false, he is making out he is a bigger commodity than the aforementioned fighters.

I can't stand Dillian Whyte. Is there a more self entitled fighter in the sport? arghhhhhh he annoys me!!! Hope he signs with PBC and fades into oblivion.

This content is protected

dryzer and Suspect.chin like this.
  3. TBooze

TBooze Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Oct 22, 2006
    Better a PPV than Closed Circuit; they truly were a nightmare. £50 for a night's entertainment (PPV/Drink) is a bargain in this era.

4. BXNG101

BXNG101 Active Member Full Member

Jun 9, 2018
    Yeah Dillian is deluding himself a bit. Sure he's done well over the last 2 years but he's in no way shape or form a bona fide PPV fighter. He also said that both him and Joshua need each other. I think AJ would do just fine without you mate. Still like him though because he talks without a filter.

Scissors and Dragon Punch like this.
  5. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Joshua needs Whyte at this very moment IMO. Wilder & Fury are doing their own thing, and there must be concerns from the team about leaving their comfort zone and the size of the event interms of moving the tickets etc if AJ fights Miller (who is in no way a draw) at MSG.

I think Eddie will want to stick with the safety of Wembley against Whyte and then re-assess for the next round of fights.

6. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    I don’t see how this would benefit Dillian unless he’s looking for a Joyce or Ortiz match?

N17 likes this.
  7. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Whyte is just playing his free agent card to Match room.
    Showing them he has options rather than accept an offer he is not happy with for the Joshua fight.

He needs to be careful though as this could blow up in his face if he annoys Hearn too much.

Hearn has done a good job with him and yes Whyte is the one winning fights but Hearn has bought him back from his loss to AJ and MADE him a PPV fighter in many peoples eyes.

Him thinking that he is above the fighters he mentions in the above video is quite naïve, either that or arrogant

Could be either with him

Trafford likes this.
  8. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    Well, we're not entirely certain that Wilder and fury are indeed doing their own thing. Also, whilst its unquestionable that sales would be lower moving Joshua to the States to fight Miller, there are still options outside those mentioned above for a Wembley date.

I don't really see why Joshua needs him. They may have been relative novices compared to where they are today, but Joshua already has Whyte on his record and he beat him very convincingly. Do I think it would be any different having seen Whyte labour his way to a win against Helenius and go life and death with Chisora and Parker? No.

9. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    He needs to stick with Matchroom for the rest of his career. There is no other promotion that can offer him anything better, he needs to ride the success of 2018 where he has been marketed and established as a star attraction behind AJ.

There will always be fights for him with Hearn, and he can continue to make millions.

Therefore I can only surmise that he is over in USA for exploratory reasons, and as a tactic for swaying hearn on a better package deal with AJ.

He is smart, and he can't be serious about the US market which is stagnant.

Secure 30 percent with AJ or so, take the fight....and then make millions more through Povetkin/Ortiz/Wilder/Miller.

10. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016

11. TonyHayers

TonyHayers Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Nov 1, 2018
    I'd love to know how Frank thinks he's going to do that.

Holler and im sparticus like this.
  12. Wizbit1013

Wizbit1013 Drama go, and don't come back Full Member

Mar 17, 2018
    Maybe BT have said they will back him?
    They do need people to carry the new PPV model

Agreed though it wont be easy

13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016

14. Wizbit1013