should have been a draw.

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by puncherschance, Aug 16, 2014.

1. donizhere

donizhere Well-Known Member Full Member

Jul 4, 2008
    porter looked battered at the end of it, goes to show a few clean punches does more damage than holding and hittng brooks back and shoulders

2. Good Boy.

Good Boy. Guest

Hey i wanted Brook to lose but il say this

I watched it again last night

Porter landed nothing. In fact he landed plenty of rabbit punches, a few headbutts, and a couple sloppy body shots

Kell Brook controled the distance. When out of range Porter couldnt land, and Kell was landing HARD jabs at will. He could not miss. He threw the occasional straight right which was also connecting most of the time. His punches looked hard and accurate

Porter had no chance on the outside, so he rushes in like the Alexander and Malignaggi fights. Kell had far superior timing so whenever Poter rushed in either he walked onto a peach of a jab or he got out hussled and tied up on the inside. Porter was not stronger than Kell. Kells strong upright stance coupled with his composure was a nightmare for Poters bum rushing. He wants you to fold while he piles on the attack and Kell stood his ground and all it needed was an accurate jab, left hook or straight right and Porter had no answer

Kell did this from start to finish. It started off Kell fighting slightly on the back foot and completely outboxing Porter (for the people who know that outboxing doesnt mean running). By round 7 Porter was very warey of rushing in and Kell was walking Porter down, again still outboxing him.

Porter even resorted to trying Tyson like bobbing and weaving because he had no way of getting to Brook.

I actually compared Brooks performance to the way Andre Ward fights. Put it this way if Andre Ward performed like that people would be saying wow what a masterclass, he can fight on the outside, he is calm on the inside he ties you up properly and he doesnt waste a punch. People need to realise that when a fighter is not wasting his attacks like Kell Brook Saturday night that it doesnt mean he should have been more active. Porter threw everything and landed nothing

3. DoubleEdge

DoubleEdge The king of Kings banned

Jul 2, 2011
    Absolutely true.

And this was the gameplan from the beginning that was employed by brooks trainer who told kell to remain patient and calm and pick his shots while waiting for that animal to tire himself out like he did.

4. Ted Spoon

Ted Spoon Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    I thought Porter edged it.

I'm usually quite big on clean punches but Brook was hardly tattooing him as some are making out. Much of the time Brook missed and then found himself in a clinch - the man admitted himself it was very close so it simply can't be a clear victory.

Porter fought awfully ragged at times, though in doing so Brook was rendered into doing nothing, and so the busy fighter must be rewarded.

One thing Brook did prove is that he is world class.