Should Khan rematch Limond?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Outboxer, Apr 8, 2008.

1. Outboxer

Outboxer Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 29, 2005
    Should 'Sweet as Sugar' Khan rematch 'LaMotta' Limond?

2. zulander

zulander Boxing Addict Full Member

Mar 17, 2006
    not really, the count was dodgy but khan came back well and ended things pretty well if it had been a close points win then the fans and press may have put enough pressue on to warrent a rematch but i think there is 0 chance of it now

3. Fat Joe

Fat Joe Let's have it right Full Member

Feb 12, 2008
    I think the plan is to put him in with harder punchers to test out his chin. Limond doesn't hit hard enough to fit this criteria.

4. IronBull

IronBull Active Member Full Member

Sep 1, 2005
    No.

In that fight, khan won most rounds.

If there is a rematch, khan will beat him much quicker than before..

5. The Kurgan

The Kurgan Boxing Junkie banned

Nov 16, 2004
    So you're saying that Limond lacks the power to test Khan's chin?

All the more reason to have a rematch then. It would prove Khan has genuinely improved since that fight and would show that it was just a lucky punch.

6. KCD

KCD All aboard. Full Member

Sep 30, 2007
    I dont think he should Khan should fight Romanov next. To be honest i think Romanov could upset Fwank Warrens money cart, he has a decent punch, good boxing brain and he looks calm under fire.

7. Betty Swollocks

Betty Swollocks James 'Lights Out' Toney Full Member

Jul 21, 2004
    Limond is renowned for having very little power, he almost had Khan outta there..........it's pretty obvious they've been keeping no chin Khan away from anyone who can punch....don't expect that to change anytime soon.
    There was not much in that fight, and Limond had to pull out as his eardrum was burst.

some of you Khan huggers are full of it.

8. Fat Joe

Feb 12, 2008
    It was sarcasm, I think Khan's going nowhere.

9. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Limond would get robbed again.

10. Mikey

Mikey I'm An Uzi Lover Full Member

Jan 3, 2008
    Many people forget the fight was ended after round 8 which seen the fight slow in pace, and the fight was ended by the doctor who thought Limond had broke his nose, and in fact the doctor was wrong.

11. bigG

bigG Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 8, 2006
    khan comprehesively beat limond save for the one moment when he was rocked..he came back with spite and venom and stopped his guy..what more do ya want..?

12. Mikey

Jan 3, 2008
    Khan knocked him down in round 7, round 8 was pretty even I recall with not much happening, and the doctor ended the fight and ended it wrongly.

13. TFFP

TFFP Guest

Nah, Khan has improved defensively in that fight, so even Limond's chances of a lucky punch are diminished

When Khan turned it on he got the kid out of there, a rematch would be a one sided beatdown

14. Mikey

Jan 3, 2008
    No he didnt.

Round 6 Khan knocked down and out of it and didnt answer the 10 count, was very lucky.

Round 7: Khan turned the match around, Limond knocked down and was hurt but survived.

Round 8: Frantic pace slowed dramatically with both fighters now improving their defence, end of the round doctor stops the fight due to Limond having a servely damaged broken nose according to the doctor, on checking his injuries out Limond had in fact not broken his nose at all.

15. Fat Joe

Feb 12, 2008
    How long was he down for? I watched the fight but can't remember any controvery about the count.

Wasn't it stopped because of Limond's burst eardrum?