Should Whyte/Parker be PPV?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BoxingABC1, Jun 15, 2018.

Is this card PPV worty?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    72.1%
  1. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    I am being bombarded by what appear to be casuals on twitter telling me "i know nothing about boxing" because i said this card needs more to be PPV. Do you think it needs more to constitute the "huge undercard" Hearn promised, or is this good enough

Last edited: Jun 15, 2018
  2. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    Ultimately this card would not be on if it was not for PPV?

Think the Chisora addition is fairly nothingy, the Brook fight is ok enough, no clue what Katie Taylor's opponent is like. If the other half is on a night shift I will probably pay for it.

3. SambaKing1

SambaKing1 Member banned Full Member

Mar 31, 2018
    Is Ronaldo better than Messi? Or even remotely close?

There's yer answer my friend.

Odins beard likes this.
  4. Infern0121

Infern0121 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Jan 21, 2018
    Yes but it should be 12.99

Scissors likes this.
  5. im sparticus

im sparticus There Ye Go. Full Member

May 16, 2010
    Saw an int with eddie last night and what he was saying was whyte desrves more than a few hundred grand for this fight and should be getting 7 figures. That was eddies main reason for making this ppv.
    I disagree.

tdf1974, DON1 and Accurate like this.
  6. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    It's not easy to say anymore. Certain fights can only get made if theres certain money involved, fine, I get that. And I am a 'PPV mug' as is the label thats banded around here. What I find annoying more than anything is the fact that the price of PPV is not adjusted based on the level of the main event. As inferno says above £12.99 for this would sound a lot better than £19.95. It would be nice if they unique price points for the PPV's so at least you feel like they're being resonable. It's not a PPV fight based on most peoples criteria, but most people's criteria is no longer the reality of the situation.

S.K and matt007 like this.
  7. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    I will get it but don't understand why people get so wound up. If one doesn't believe it's value for money just don't buy it. It's that simple.

S.K, Unforgiven, CasualFan and 3 others like this.
  8. kobashi

kobashi Well-Known Member Full Member

Jan 2, 2010
    Problem is that both Fighters wouldn't agree to fight for few hundred grand.

Scissors likes this.
  9. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    Some fights need more money to get made, that’s completely understandable.

The card is shite but if you would have asked me before the whole card was announced if it was a fight I’d be willing to part money with to watch then the answer would be yes. I just don’t think it’s worthy of the same money we see to watch AJ. £7.99-£14.99 at a push would be reasonable IMO.

10. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Reason being is they don't want to devalue the concept and have people think £12.95 is the norm which causes an issue when then charging a higher price

EX7EY likes this.
  11. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Exactly. Fighters want to get paid and unfortunately tv networks do not pay the rights fees to ensure the purses can be covered.

12. EX7EY

EX7EY YDKSAB Full Member

Dec 7, 2017
    Agree, I thought that as I was writing it. And I suppose it would be another can of worms when fighters start questioning why their PPV is a tenner and next mans is £20 haha. Still it would be fairer from a fans perspective

13. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Yeah and I think the most important thing for Sky and Matchroom is simply these box office events are successful. They don't need to change anything as long as the model is working. The numbers are clearly showing that the price isn't an issue for people no matter how hard some hardcore fans claim to think it is.

When Haye vs Harrison disappointed and Haye vs Wlad disappointed Sky had to take stock as market forces meant the PPV model would need a change. Clearly since Froch vs Groves 2 the ppv model has been successful and no need to change any thing just yet.

14. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    should've explained it better. i am paying for it, because as i've said before, i just love boxing. but i don't believe it should be a PPV card

15. kevinreid001

kevinreid001 Punchdrunk101 Full Member

Nov 1, 2012
    True but TBf for instance mayweather Joshua canelo were huge stars very marketable etc there is a market value. Don't think Parker and whyte are TBf I didn't and still don't think bellew is a ppv fighter but they have made great numbers and profit . Think most aren't upset price etc but if the main event isn't a huge star or massive unification fight wilder vs Joshua or Joshua klitscho pacquaio mayweather etc then people want a very good undercard and that's totally acceptable aj canelo mayweather could all fight bums it would sell. Whyte or Parker alone could not . As said in another thread there is judge stars out ther just need be promoted right and not all want crazy fees to fight plenty good match up can be made for decent money sumtimes it's lazyness world title fight on the card you know be Katie Taylor who 90 percent have no interest in watching