Should Whyte/Parker be PPV?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by BoxingABC1, Jun 15, 2018.

Is this card PPV worty?

1. Yes

17 vote(s)
    27.9%
  2. No

44 vote(s)
    72.1%
  1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    To be fair its a good card now but it could easily NOT been PPV without Chisora fight or Brook..

I am pretty sure these fights get added after early reaction to what has been announced...i dont remember AJ cards getting fights added to beef up bill???(maybe after Pulev pulled out)

2. youcrazyboy

youcrazyboy Member Full Member

Nov 4, 2007
    Saw Frank Warren taking the **** out of this PPV when he put on some of the worst eg Khan v Salita. Hearn is a 2nd hand car salesman with his patter of “these fighters deserve it” “it’s the only way fight can be made” (bull**** btw it’s just a a model) and then his about turn coup de gras “I love a pound note”. Fact is he will be promoting DAZN in the US on the basis that PPV model is a rip-off (he’ll say it’s because it’s a $100 and it’s different) Fact is the model that gives him the most opportunity to make money in whatever market is what’s suits him. The Povetkin fight which no one gives a **** about is a pure business decision as they had Wembley deal lined up. It’s bad for everyone except Hearn and matchrooms pockets. If DW had decent representation they wouldn’t let him do these embarrassing interviews with people like Shaub and would have got him $20 + add ons and signed to fight a Wembley. Even if someone loses in a great fight he’ll make more money for rematch. I have a feeling April won’t happen either through injury defeat or otherwise.

3. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Regarding your final sentence - Joshua v Whyte or Fury v Bellew more likely in April than Joshua v Wilder

4. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    This is a disgraceful card and fast car has known for weeks that Brook is injured and allowed his opponent to travel over with the promise of a stand in. Now he is majorly out of pocket and the fight has been pulled. With the Buatsi opponent pulling it is embarrasing now.

Is Conor Benn vs the French pastry chef now going to be the final fight prior to the main event? Horrendous it is, but loads of casuals will be backing fast car up.

5. Popnvg

Popnvg Member banned Full Member

Jan 6, 2018
    Joshua signed a two stage fight deal with Wembley. Why would Fury-Bellew be at Wembley ? You're hugely overrrestimating fury and Bellew's popularity

6. PaddyGarcia

PaddyGarcia Trivial Annoyance Gold Medalist Full Member

Feb 13, 2014
    I suspect that'll be the ghost of Chisora against Takam

7. Sturm

Sturm Member Full Member

Oct 29, 2017
    Parker is not PPV hes been very boring in his last few fights. Just coming off a loss to AJ with no title.
    Dillian is also not PPV. Good performance last time out albeit his opponent decided not to train for whatever reason. Definitely wont be buying this fight.