Showtime: Jermell De'Avante Charlo vs. Brian Carlos Castaño & Rolando Romero vs. Anthony Yigit RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Applies to both fighters

drenlou likes this.
  2. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    Of course. But we both know that the chance of Castano winning a robbery decision is...pretty small.

3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    I don’t presume robberies.

4. f1ght3rz

f1ght3rz Ronaldoooo is crying in his caaaaaar Full Member

Jan 31, 2018
    What do you mean? There are no robberies in boxing or you think all fights start at 0? :risas3: Didn't you say you are a Boxing Manager? You should know better if you're really one.

Quina74 likes this.
  5. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
  6. Diddy

Diddy Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2018
    When is Murtzaliev fighting? Is he on the showtime card?

7. Stiff Jab

Stiff Jab Despiser of Super-Middleweights Full Member

Jan 7, 2019
    Another half-hour or so.

George Crowcroft likes this.
  8. Toney F*** U

Toney F*** U Boxing junkie Full Member

Oct 16, 2019
    Anyone watching the all access?

Pimp C likes this.
  9. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    I haven't researched both fighter's enough, and I still forget to differentiate between the twins, but this is basically how I feel about the fight tonight.

I think Castano game plan is going to be to get in Charlo face and pound him every second. Completely close the distance. Punch nonstop until the final bell. It will the kind of pressure Maidana put on an aged Mayweather.

Charlo will look to put the stick out and then move. Occasionally sit down on his punches and throw hard combinations and then move away or be countered. I think he will land hard shots but not in the same sequence and not close enough together to put a major dent in Castano, or even KO him. I see a Charlo KO as the only way to victory for him.

I think this comes down to whether or not Charlo can KO Castano. If he can, he wins. If he can't, then he will lose a decision or slightly maybe be KO'd or stopped. I really don't think we will see any robbery tonight. If Castano wins a decision, I don't see it being a close decision so he will most likely get the cards read in his favor. Charlo also doesn't have a 0 that promoters want to protect. Charo also lost a decision in a close fight with Tony Harrison so I don't think he was all that much protected then, so why would he be now?

Personally, I see Charlo losing all the early rounds. Landing some nice hard shots in the middle rounds but Castano still coming on hard every single round. Now, I have to choose whether Charlo goes into "keep it competitive but still losing" phase or Charlo by KO and I will go with...

Castano by clear decision with a slight chance of stoppage of some sort.

Whoever wins, they better get full credit for unifying all 4 belts AND be put somewhere on the P4P list like Josh Taylor.

Pimp C, CST80, bandeedo and 1 other person like this.
  10. bandeedo

bandeedo VIP Member Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    havent seen enough of castano to know what to expect. maybe ill watch some highlights and make an analysis before the fight.

Boon likes this.
  11. Boon

Boon Boxing Addict banned Full Member

May 2, 2015
    I watched quite a bit today including his last bout against Patrick Teixeira. Castano got this!

bandeedo likes this.
  12. Oddone

Oddone Bermane Stiverne's life coach. Full Member

Aug 18, 2019
    Showtime breaking their own arms jacking off over the 154 pound division.

Stiff Jab and George Crowcroft like this.
  13. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    War Charlo! Hoping for no controversy in this one!

Boon, Pimp C and Toney F*** U like this.
  14. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Was just thinking the exact same.

Oddone likes this.
  15. sasto

sasto Boxing Junkie Full Member

Aug 5, 2020
    Big challenge for Charlo today!

While there aren't really sublime talents at 154 and the division probably shouldn't exist but they do fight each other quite a bit so it's a nice division in that way.