Showtime: Jermell De'Avante Charlo vs. Brian Carlos Castaño & Rolando Romero vs. Anthony Yigit RBR

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by CST80, Jul 17, 2021.

1. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Knock yourself out. I am having a short nap before I travel in a few hours.

2. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I hope we get the rematch. Thoroughly enjoyed the fight.

radupidu and m.s. like this.
  3. MichiganWarriorReturns

MichiganWarriorReturns Vagaries of Perception Full Member

Jul 19, 2019
    He just doesnt impress me. Seemed like he was only effect when exchanging punches along the ropes. His jab probably saved him in this fight but it was hitting mostly gloves and he wasnt mixing it up. Castano had the high guard, why wasnt he shooting downstairs and working his way up. Spent two minutes of every round just looking a Castano.

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    :risas3:

Serge likes this.
  5. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Well...I say it was, even though I scored the fight for Castano. EXCLAMATION POINT!

6. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    :risas3:

ShovelHook and Serge like this.
  7. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    Well, it wouldn't be the first time you broke your back shoving your head up your own ass looking for a plausible scenario to hand it to a PBC fighter.;) You scored it for Brian, because he won, why look for ways to give it to Charlo when there weren't any?

8. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Castano is a good fighter I enjoyed his performance especially when he was displaying good defence as he engaged though he got caught badly a few times. Looking forward to a rematch.

shadow111 likes this.
  9. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Charlo is going to win the rematch, it's a foregone conclusion at this point. Charlo will simply let his hands go more and walk Castano down a bit more than he did in this fight. Whether that will be enough to convincingly win remains to be seen but we all know it's enough for the judges to give him the fight. Charlo could also stop him as well.

Castano has no routes to victory besides a KO but if he couldn't KO him in this fight he's not KOing him in a rematch. It's sad how corrupt boxing is

ShovelHook, TipNom and Oddone like this.
  10. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    You sound despondent.

11. CST80

Nov 23, 2013
    You sound like a weasel.

12. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Seems if you are fighting Tank, Wilder, Charlo bros or Spence. I would be very wary of fighting for PBC as they will do the dirty to protect the cash cow​

13. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Because Castano got robbed. I am objective and more of a fan of the Charlo brothers but this was a clear Castano win. Just because Castano got hurt doesn't change the fact that he was ahead on the scorecards by the end of the fight. At the very LEAST it was 7-5 Castano and thats being generous to Jermell. It was more like 8-4 or 9-3 Castano

If you cannot see that then the bias must blind you

ShovelHook, vast, don owens and 2 others like this.
  14. m.s.

m.s. Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2010
    All the Showtime people did the same as the Fox Sports people, they started giving every round to Charlo to cover their ass to prepare for the pending and predictable robbery. They know who signs their paycheck. Even Bernstein was trying to pretend it wasn't a robbery. Even with the robbery i enjoyed seeing Charlo get his #$# handed to him. The fight couldn't get more lopsided.

ShovelHook, Surrix and Oddone like this.
  15. Drew101

Drew101 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 11, 2005
    Oh, is Chris upset because another one of his failsafe picks didn't go his way, and a guy he loves failed to get a decision over someone he loathes?

That's too bad.

Take solace in the fact I called the fight for Castano, just like you. And, just like you, I think 117-111 Charlo is unfathomable. l'm just willing to admit that others (like the judges) might see things a bit differently from me.

Now I have real life stuff on my mind, so I'm this to argue any further. Don't need the aggravation.

Good night.