Sit Down Earnie Shavers ... Deontay Wilder is the best puncher the division has ever produced

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Dubblechin, Nov 23, 2019.

1. catchwtboxing

catchwtboxing Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Idiot. The point is that they we hardly terrified of his power. Of course Wilder won the fights. Ortiz has bad high blood pressure, and Stiverne is so obese that he actually has some kind of medical condition himself. Widler targets sick fighters, and failed to put away the only good one he faced.

So **** off dumb ass.

2. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    I was hoping that if I had a short break from the thread that you may have replied to Entaowed's post. Yet it appears that you're obviously incapable of doing so.

Dimmest bulb on this board?

Please!

You are a joke.

You have no understanding of anything.

You debate on statistics and only take into account any circumstances when it suits.

The reason I highlighted George's number of fights should be obvious to anyone with a brain.

No fighter could be at his best every time if he fought into his late 40's during an 80 fight career.

Yes, George went the distance with a lot of guys, and Wilder doesn't. But Wilder is now in his prime, fighting mainly low level opposition, whereas George was taking on high level opponents at a very advanced age.

Now like I've mentioned previously, some guys are hard to knock out purely because of the stylistic match up that they bring to the table. And some come just to survive. And obviously some opponents are just simply better. So being a logical person, I'm willing to accept that George may not have knocked out every one of his opponents, even if he'd have been at his absolute best and in his prime for each one of them. But on the other hand, it's completely ignorant of you to not make allowances for his circumstances during some of his fights. Things such as:

He had a very busy schedule when he was just a novice.

He fought guys like Evander and Morrison when he was in his late 40's.

Now if you're not going to make allowances for those circumstances and you simply refuse to believe that they may have affected his performances in any way, you are a complete ignoramus.

Yes, Deontay Wilder has a better knockout percentage. Of course he does. But again, you're comparing someone who fought 80 times into his late 40's, where he fought guys like Ali, Frazier and Evander etc, to a guy who's in his 30's, who's fought half the bouts, against mainly low level opposition. So at this point in time, the stats obviously favour Wilder.

What you need to do is to be asking yourself the following questions:

Could George Foreman have followed Wilder's exact timeline and replicated his results?

Could Wilder follow George's exact timeline and replicate/better his results and his knockout percentage?

My answer to the first question, is: Definitely

My answer to the second question, is: I think it would be highly unlikely.

Have a think about it yourself.

If George was now in his 30's fighting 2 opponents a year, guys such as: Ortiz, Stiverne and Szpilka etc, I don't see that there'd be an issue. Yet we don't know if Wilder could have beaten guys such as: Evander, Morrison and Briggs etc, right now, let alone when into his 40's. And if he couldn't, then that would obviously affect his knockout percentage. Which would mean that his statistics wouldn't look as impressive as what they currently do.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2019
    Brumsongs, john roberts and LANCE99 like this.
  3. Loudon

Loudon VIP Member Full Member

Mar 7, 2012
    Another great post from you.

We're truly blessed.

It's a real pleasure to have you here as a member.

I don't care who else knocked out Levi Forte.

Are you saying that no version of George could have knocked him out?

George has spoken in the past of that fight. He was just 20 years old. He turned up to Miami thinking it was going to be easy, but he got a shock.

It happens.

It happens quite frequently.

If I said to you that Mike Tyson was a better puncher than Wilder, you'd probably come back to me and say that he couldn't knock out Danny Williams etc. And that's because you're trying to debate purely on statistics.

Even when he was at his best, Mike couldn't knock out Tillis and Green. Yet novices and journeyman could. So what does that tell us? Does it tell us that those novices and journeyman were better punchers than Mike, on the grounds that they could do something that he couldn't? Or would we have to look a bit deeper?

Don't be a BoxRec warrior. It's how casuals debate.

Regarding George's 'Toronto 5', it was an exhibition of five, 3 round bouts.

Regarding the Olympics, they were obviously 3 round AMATEUR bouts.

Now kindly tell me how on earth those fights can compare to fighting THREE PROFESSIONAL bouts in just 12 days, which were in THREE SEPERATE STATE'S, two of which that were scheduled for 10 rounds?

You simply cannot compare 3 round amateur fights, to travelling around and fighting professional fights, two of which that came within a 48 hour period.

You really shouldn't need this explaining to you.

The differences between those scenarios are huge.

You are absolutely hopeless.

You have no understanding of anything.

Get back to your stats.

Last edited: Nov 26, 2019
  4. moneytheman12

moneytheman12 Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Feb 4, 2021
    you cant talk facts to a crazy person the man who made this thread is crazy

gmurphy and Loudon like this.
  5. Reinhardt

Reinhardt Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 4, 2016
    For one shot power,,you're probably right

Toney F*** U likes this.
  6. Dubblechin

Dubblechin Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 25, 2014
    I am right. Thanks. (LOL)

7. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014
    I'm glad someone bumped this thread.

It'll be easier to find after Wilder knocks out Fury to win the World Title and, once again, will have stoppage wins over everyone he fought as a pro.

Historical stuff people are witnessing, but most are too dim to realize it.

8. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    Joke thread. Wilder's chin is china and his record is littered with stiffs who ANYBODY could KO. His best wins, i.e. not against fellow china-chinned mediocrities like Szpilka et al. - are against OLD and OVERRATED fighters like Stiverne and Ortiz, who were never very good to begin with, and both well past their sell date.

Wilder's KO record - like his ability to remain vertical when hit with a punch - is a MIRAGE created by very careful matchmaking. And, as this thread proves, it has been a successful congame that has deceived some of the less perceptive elements of the boxing community.

9. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    I argee I always felt George power was overrated bad not comparing to deontay just in general to other hws George power is not top 5 the man always had to punch a person mutiple times even to stop them no names included from vid cooney and ron hit harder and others

10. Dubblechin

Jun 25, 2014

Nobody with a "china chin" goes eight years never outweighing an opponent and beats them all ... wins the US Championships, National Golden Gloves and Olympic Bronze Medal ... goes undefeated for 12 years as a pro ... wins a WBC World Heavyweight title and makes 10 straight successful heavyweight title defenses ... and, if he stops the current WORLD Heavyweight Champion in his next bout, will have not only beaten but stopped everyone he fought as a pro (once again).

Shavers couldn't stop like 20 opponents, and some of them were pretty damn bad. Wilder hasn't stopped Fury. That's it.

Forget knocking out everyone Wilder fought, Shavers would've lost to many of them. Shavers couldn't even beat Ron Stander. Hell, Shavers never fought guys remotely the size of the people Wilder has been regularly fighting the last decade, let alone stopped all of them.

Wilder is the greatest puncher the division has yet produced, and he's been outweighed in those fights (often significantly overweighed) nearly the entire time.

Wilder fought in the same division Usyk, Beterbiev and Brieidis did as amateur.

If Usyk, Beterbiev or Briedis knocked out everyone Wilder has stopped at heavyweight, floored Fury twice and drew with him ... if ANY ONE of them had done what Wilder has done so far at heavyweight ... there would be no argument who the best puncher ever was.

Come to this thread the night Wilder knocks out Fury and becomes the new Lineal Champion.

We'll talk again. And you can tell us all about how Wilder knocking out Fury shouldn't matter, too. (LOL)

This content is protected

Last edited: Jul 31, 2021
  11. Kiwi Casual

Kiwi Casual Active Member Full Member

Jul 31, 2021
    IF, (and that's a big IF) Wilder knocks Fury out, then I'll agree. But he couldn't finish a weakened Fury after landing two perfect consecutive shots on his first fight, and couldn't put him away on the second (instead getting stopped himself).

Up until now Wilder has only been really tested by Fury, and until he overcomes that he will retain the title "can crushing champion".

12. MarkusFlorez99

MarkusFlorez99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jan 13, 2021
    Klitschkos left hook and Tua's left hook might have slightly more power than Wilders right hand tbh. Always thought that

don owens likes this.
  13. Zakman

Zakman ESB's Chinchecker Full Member

Apr 16, 2005
    And they'd both knock that glass-jawed joke OUT COLD. Early too.

don owens likes this.
  14. moneytheman12

Feb 4, 2021
    its cause fury cant be beat by 1 big punch like mike couldnt he needed to be beat down over rounds

15. VG_Addict

VG_Addict Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Jun 13, 2012
    Mike Tyson is the best/hardest puncher.

He had 22 first round knockouts.