Sky PPV Fight Night Thread

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Jurgen, Dec 10, 2016.

1. lencoreastside

lencoreastside Obsessed with Boxing banned Full Member

Dec 27, 2010
    AJ is a manufactured commodity. Some day he will be tested but no time soon that's a certainty.

Twentyman and Brixton Bomber like this.
  2. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Esb British boxing forum told me AJ will not fight anyone decent anytime soon.

3. Gatekeeper

Gatekeeper Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    I listened to this on the radio so I didn't feel ripped off at all at the end.

4. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Two fantastic fights in Buglioni/Burton and Chisora/Whyte.... made the event!

The AJ Molina fight went as predicted, at least against Wlad we'll finally see him in there with a proper opponent.

Thought Chisora nicked it against Whyte, get the rematch on.

5. Unforgiven

Unforgiven VIP Member banned Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    I'm not sold on the idea that Wlad will present himself as a "proper opponent" by the time that fight rolls around.
    I'm not at all convinced Wlad can survive another training camp.

6. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    I enjoyed that 7 hour show! Not many bad fights really.

Smith KO was brutal, Burton fight like something out of a film and Whyte v Chisora a great heavyweight contest.

7. destruction

destruction Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 26, 2009
    I just watched the full Chisora Whyte fight.

I scored it 115-113 to Chisora. Chisora nearly had Whyte on the floor in both the 5th and 8th rounds, and he was clearly the heavier hitter and the winner.

Whyte does not have a future at world level but got the nod as the younger and more marketable commodity.

8. Daveba

Daveba New Member Full Member

Jun 11, 2010
    Quiggs opponent could box but he had absolutely zero power. He still marked quigg up with feather jabs. Boxing whataboutery to mention previous fight with LSC. Sky Commentator talking smack bout how happier quigg is/how much more powerful etc really bigging him up and mentioning frampton rematch and how it coulda been different if Scott had only done this or that..J.nelson called it right. No need for a rematch.

It's funny as I was blocked from scotts twitter page today with a totally non abusive tweet stating that it was a nice finish but his opponent had no power. That's weak.

Whyte Del Boy a good dust up.

9. bladesman

May 31, 2015
    Wlad might be aging, might be ring rusty but even this version of him is a huge step up in terms of in ring opponent for AJ and in terms of out ring step up in terms of name and record it's light years bigger. Win this, get parker over here on undercard and built a second wembley fight of 2017 with those two fighting.

10. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Haye v AJ already lined up at Wombley Stadium in the summer mate.

11. bladesman

May 31, 2015
    Not sure whats in it for AJ. A bit of a risky fight but nothing in it for him when Parker is a easier fight imo with a belt on the line.

12. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor banned Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    Money mate - no way AJ v Parker sells out Wembley stadium or high number of PPVs.

They all know it is the fight the public want to see.

13. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Parker doesn't want it with AJ. They went down the WBO route instead of the mandatory for IBF