Sky Sports and BT Sports Boxing

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Union Jack, Jan 29, 2023.

1. TBC-ASAP

TBC-ASAP Boxing Junkie Full Member

Sep 7, 2017
    I can't justify the Sky Sports Subs when test cricket isn't on. I get mine as when through Now with a mate so works out normally £15 a month. My BT comes with my Internet. Currently have 6 months half price at £7.99.

Last nights card, Monte Carlo Rally, 3 x Formula E and access to all the discovery plus Documentaries. Decent value for the £8

2. Big Lou dog

Big Lou dog Member Full Member

Jul 3, 2021
    One of the P4P best, over on U.K. soil

3. Union Jack

Union Jack New Member Full Member

Jan 23, 2023
    There is a plethora of sports to watch for that money as you should know if a subscriber of either.

Do you enjoy watching boxing or are you simply only interested in the business/financial side of boxing per many of your posts?

nurological likes this.
  4. smoking mirrors

smoking mirrors Active Member Full Member

Jan 14, 2023
    ok I’ll make a list:

• Paul Dempsey, Alan Partridge made real, absolutely stiff and cringeworthy presenter, always has been
    • Steve Bunce, sellout hype man
    • comms are just as cheerleading as Sky and DAZN but slide under the radar as their tone is more low key - totally missing Karol Ituama getting pasted by right hands from the start to waffle on about amateur records, scraping the bottom of the compliment barrel for Tommy Fletcher struggling with a 100 loss journeyman
    • looooong pauses between bouts
    • rigged six round prospect v journeymen fights at 9:30pm! when will this stop!!!!
    • Buatsi with his smartdumb nonsense on punditry
    I don’t have it in for BT in particular, but they really don’t get enough criticism on this forum compared to the others. there’s a fair share of Queensbury shills here too. hello Frankie Blue Eyes and Dragon Punch!

Plaistow, VanBasten and rezzer like this.
  5. morrie21

morrie21 Active Member Full Member

Apr 2, 2012
    The 20 minute infomercial for Jake Paul v Tommy Fury before the main event was a joke. Imagine being in the arena, pumped for the main, then forced to sit through that nonsense.

Agree with the poster who said their comms is just as bad as Sky when it comes to blind spots for the 'away' fighter, serious bias towards the house fighter.

6. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I was there and there were a fair amount of boos. Not as many as I had hoped!

Noel857 likes this.
  7. Robney

Robney ᴻᴼ ᴸᴼᴻᴳᴲᴿ ᴲ۷ᴵᴸ Full Member

Jan 18, 2010
    There were more boos for Beterbiev as there were for the joke that's the Jake Paul vs Tommy Fury WWE event.

8. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    I’ll never understand why this forum seems to be populated by people who find the idea of actually paying to watch the sport they follow such a alien idea. I’m not talking about PPV, that’s enough to turn anyone off but actually supporting a sport that you ‘love’, surely there’s nothing wrong with that. I’m a football fan and I like other sports but if I didn’t I’d subscribe to see the fights. That doesn’t make me a lunatic, it makes me a fan. I do want to see the fights. People who use others means to watch boxing and I’m not judging at all, really shouldn’t complain about the quality of the product on offer. It’s a bit like stealing your broadband from your neighbour and complaining about it being too slow.

Holler, Plaistow, Astro and 1 other person like this.
  9. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    I subscribe to both Sky and BT and pay around £90 a month but that also includes Sky Cinema Sky Entertainment all on demand and Netflix.
    Sky Sports package on it's own is like £55 a month it's crazy.

VanBasten likes this.
  10. DoubleG95Fanatic

DoubleG95Fanatic Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 25, 2021
    Kinda agree. The BT show with Yarde Beterbiev was a terrible card, although there was a massive upset all the match ups were 1/100 in favour of 1 fighter and let's not get started on that Paul Fury shambles, whereas the Eubank Smith show at least had 1 fight which was deemed 50/50 in Essuman Kongo. Parker Massey I still don't know why that was made and Riakporhe Glowacki was only ok.

DramaShow likes this.
  11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    I wouldn't sub to sky sports JUST for boxing. Its far too expensive, surley there are cheaper ways like a day pass?

VanBasten likes this.
  12. VanBasten

VanBasten Well-Known Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2017
    So you wouldn’t pay £30 for a boxing PPV but you’d fork out £60 a month for a Sky subscription only to watch boxing and you would do that because you love the sport? :facepalm:

13. Trafford

Trafford Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 29, 2018
    Both.

14. fruitandnutcase

fruitandnutcase Member Full Member

Feb 12, 2022
    BT commentary team could do with some work. They don't seem to have really evolved from the smaller fights there were covering years ago. I want actual colour commentators and lead commentators who bother to follow the scene properly, especially if 3 major belts are on the line

''Yarde is the first person to really take it to Beterbiev''

Yeah sure mate...

rezzer likes this.
  15. rezzer

rezzer Active Member Full Member

Feb 11, 2009
    It’s not an issue cause I like a number of sports. In Wales, outsiders assume that it’s a rugby union mad country. 95% of rugby fans only watch the internationals. The 6 Nations are on BBC/ITV. Lots of people watch them, it turns into bull**** central for a few weeks. The Autumn internationals are on Amazon. You wouldn’t know they were taking place as the 6 Nations crowd can’t be bothered to seek them out, even if they are Prime subscribers. These people profess to be fans but contribute nothing to the mostly empty coffers of the Welsh Rugby Union. By definition, they are very much fair weather fans. I wouldn’t think they post on rugby union forums. We post on boxing forums, so I don’t understand ( well I do and it involves penny pinching ) why a substantial amount of posters, watch all their boxing using alternative methods. They admit this but still complain about the product. Just like buying your wife a Valentine’s Day present, sometimes you have to put your hand in your pocket to show your love. You really do.

VanBasten likes this.