Smith vs Ryder - Predictions!

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by kojak, Nov 20, 2019.

1. Carlton Cole

Carlton Cole Member banned Full Member

Aug 4, 2016
    Been saying to my mates this week I fancied Ryder but to get robbed something like 116-112 (I know anyone can say that). Was guilty of not posting. Ryder has mastered his style. The left hand comes up and catches shots and the shoulder roll is nailed on. Hard man to land a bomb on. On top of that he has a very stiff jab and great lateral movement. His inside game is elite and Callum Smith, who whilst being 6’3 has an excellent inside game, had no match for Ryder up close. One thing I noticed was smiths footwork. Against groves he was sharp, similar to aj in the fact that he goes back in straight lines but he’s feet are usually quick in that motion. Not sure if thay was down to the weight cut but wouldn’t surprise me. Hope the gorilla can come again an smith moves up.

tdf1974 likes this.
  2. bbjc

bbjc Boxing Addict Full Member

Feb 25, 2012
    Ryders decent but talks of him being elite at anythings a stretch. Canelo etc would bang him out without too much trouble. Agree with cutthroat in the other post. Eubank junior would give smith a fight.

3. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Bigger robbery than i was expecting

4. choklab

choklab cocoon of horror Full Member

Dec 31, 2009
    I have always been surprised Smith got as far as he did. So I wasn’t surprised at all Ryder did as well as he did against Smith...and should have won the decision.