Smith vs Williams 2 moved to November 11th.

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Matt Petley, Sep 5, 2017.

1. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Organize brewery and **** up immediately spring to mind

2. Here's Johnny

Here's Johnny Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 18, 2015
    Each set of fans had 2 full blocks each if I remember right. There was loads of each all over the city on the day.

Who cares the Welsh started it and got battered haha.:boxing1

I reckon it should have been moved to Leeds with Catterall and Nurse. Closer for both and would have made a decent show great.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2017
  3. oiky

oiky Gypsy Boy Full Member

Jan 17, 2014
    was there fights in the crowd ? I didn't see anyone getting battered

Only person I saw getting battered was smith

And Paul made a mockery of himself again at ringside

4. Here's Johnny

Jan 18, 2015
    The Welsh were kicking off all night, when it ended they really seen their arse, came off worse and then their block was empty. Don't know if you're being sarcastic because you'd have to be blind and deaf not to have witnesses the trouble.

I agree Smith got battered for 6. But Williams would have been stopped.

CutThroatFade likes this.
  5. oiky

Jan 17, 2014
    I wasn't there I meant I didn't see any YouTube vids or anything or if I did it's completely slipped my mind and I think either way Smith is going to get poggered in the rematch

6. Here's Johnny

Jan 18, 2015
    Maybe so, I agree Williams is the better boxer but I think Smith now KNOWS he's the tougher man. Let's not forget Smith had a very bad cut throughout that fight and carried on. Williams gets one and is straight out of there. I think Smith will come at him from the off this time and grind him down with more body shots. If the last fight is anything to go by he also has the better engine.

Twentyman and oiky like this.
  7. oiky

Jan 17, 2014
    Time will tell

I just think Williams has a real bad taste and has the right mindset to win

Smith probably will come out all guns blazing

Here's Johnny likes this.
  8. DirtyOldTown

DirtyOldTown Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2016
    Williams will school him again like last time. Needs a strong referee for this one to stop Smith head butting like last time.

9. oiky

Jan 17, 2014
    Smith got the granny boxed out of him and resorted to head butting as he was clueless

DirtyOldTown likes this.
  10. Here's Johnny

Jan 18, 2015
    I wanted Smith to win the last one but the way it ended did leave a sour taste. I also had an accumulator on and Smith rounds 10-12 was my last one I needed to come in for about £200 I think. So I felt robbed because of the butt haha. I like Williams and I just hope this one finishes fairly and conclusively.

11. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Williams was winning until he took hard headbutt and was all over the place. Not about being tough he got fouled

Re. The welsh fans I've seen Liam w fight about 5 times now as I used to train in same gym. Everytime his support are kicking off. Last time they were so annoying we went and sat with the English fans. Like ****ing ******s (I'm Welsh too btw)

Here's Johnny likes this.
  12. Here's Johnny

Jan 18, 2015
    I agree, but before the head butt he was tiring badly and in my opinion was starting to be bullied around. It wasn't a doctor that stopped it. Looked like Lockett but Williams seemed ok for it to happen. I think he would have been stopped by the end. Saying this I haven't watched the fight back on television yet but that was the view from the neutral part of the arena I was in.

As for annoying fans the reason I was in the neutral part is because they upgraded my ticket with the Smith fans because the better seats hadn't sold. I got put by the most annoying Catterall fans ever and having had my previous ticket taken in return for the new one I had to move again as I couldn't bare another 4 hours with them. Who you get sat by at a long boxing show can make or break the enjoyment. Masher Dodd's sound great on tele but if you're right by them with your bird it's so bad.

13. Grooveongreg

Grooveongreg Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 16, 2013
    Yes I often move if I'm sat next to dickheads which is very likely at boxing show

Think you better revisit it. I'm sure he was winning the round he got butted in then was stumbling about straight after making him look drained. Then went on to get worked over .

I'm sure if he didn't get butted he would have cruised home to victory

14. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    Have they been fleeced though if they're happy to view it and happy with the show?

No, is th answer.

15. S.K

S.K Active Member banned Full Member

Jan 7, 2017
    No he wouldn't. Williams wins the rematch also