So are they just making up champions now?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Flo_Raiden, Oct 23, 2019.

1. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    We all know why he chose Linares. It was the bigger prize with less risk. We get that.

If he's going to call himself a SFW champ he should fight the man at SFW, if not according to some fans such as @LANCE99 he's nothing more than one of several titlist.

2. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    That doesn't change the fact that Berchelt is the man at SFW and he was calling out Lomachenko and Lomachenko skipped town.

People fight leftovers all the time. Golovkin's 2nd best win is his best wins left over.

3. Odins beard

Odins beard Fentanyl is one hell of a drug.... Full Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Once again talking about GGG LMFAO, you are ****ing unbelievable.

Lomachenko fought Martinez,Walters, Marriaga, Sosa, Rigondeaux and then moved up daring to be great.

Since then Berchelt has gone on to fight who? A Vargas rematch and is now fighting Sosa, a fight he may very well lose and I’ll bump the **** out of this post if he does.

So again how did Loma avoid the Mexican fire cracker killer?

4. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    :lol: still trying to use what I say? Look b*tch, unless you already agreed with my definition, you are just coming off as a confused c*nt trying to involve me in your crap.

5. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    Except in this case It was bigger prize with bigger risk. That's like saying Canelo is choosing Kovalev over Callum Smith because It's bigger prize with lesser risk, which is BS. I'm not sure If you get that.

Yes, he was one of the several titlists at 130, but he was the most accomplished titlist and if he takes on the winner of Lopez/Commey and becomes undisputed at 135, It'll be a far bigger accomplishment than unifying with Berchelt at 130.

6. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    And none of those fighters you mentioned are better than Berchelt.

How did he duck. Let me dumb it down for you.

Berchelt: Hey Loma, I'm the SFW champ, your just a SFW titlist. Prove you're the best SFW and fight me!

Lomachenko: uh, sure, uh what? Uh, is that Linares over there? hey Linares let's fight.

Berchelt: Bro, I'm easily the #1 fighter here, Linares is a #2, you want to call yourself a SFW champ fight me.

Lomachenko: Linares it is!

Look man, the Berchelt fight is the MOST interesting fight that could have been made for Loma at that time save Mikey. The Salido fight left a lot of unanswered questions and he was not willing to answer them.

NoNeck likes this.
  7. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Consistency Lancey, stay consistent.

8. LANCE99

LANCE99 Boxing Junkie Full Member

Mar 11, 2016
    there you go,start using words I was tossing at you just minutes ago, like you regularly do. A slow-witted idiot like you can't come up with anything on your own...

9. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I get that. My point is simply that the Berchelt fight is most intriguing from a fans perspective and of he wants to be called a champ at SFW then he needs to fight Berchelt, otherwise he's just a titlist which is fine, but he was never the man there.

10. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    LOL, so now you're the owner of the word consistent? LMAO!!

11. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    How are they not better?

Because they weren’t MexiCAN?

12. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    But you are claiming Lomachenko ducked or avoided him.

Nobody is claiming it’s not a bad fight but Loma moves up making history 2/3 years on and Berchelt is facing a guy Loma already tooled.

13. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    I assume you think Ringodeaux would be the better win?

I can't do this with you man. You lack simple boxing knowledge.

14. theanatolian

theanatolian Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 2, 2015
    That's your opinion, It's fine. A lot of people felt that Linares fight was more intriguing, which is also an opinion. But I suspect your opinion has a lot more to do with Berchelt's nationality than his level as a fighter.

And Berchelt wasn't the #1 guy at 130 before Loma moved to fight Linares(who was the #1 at 135 with Mikey having moved up to 140), he was the #3 behind Loma and Tank Davis.

15. Odins beard

Apr 13, 2014
    Even Lomachenko admitted Rigo was easy pickings.

Again how did Loma duck a guy who wasn’t even relevant until 2017 when Loma was on his way to 135?

I get it you are obsessed with Mexican fighters but that doesn’t mean Lomachenko ducked Berchelt especially when he was moving up for greater challenges.

I hope they get to fight because after Loma makes Berchelt a highlight reel KO you’ll be on to your next guy who Loma is ducking.