So at this point in time.. what's the bigger PPV to be made, Cotto/PBF or Hatton/PBF?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RAMPAGE0017, Jun 24, 2007.

1. RAMPAGE0017

RAMPAGE0017 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 30, 2007
    Hatton has drawing power, and after Cotto's fight with Judah, I think he has potential to be a big draw, as well. Both Cotto and Hatton are undefeated, both are considered P4P fighters, and they also have the benefit of crushing two fighters whom Floyd had some trouble with.

So at this moment.. what is the bigger fight to be made?

2. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Hatton vs Mayweather

Mayweather had much more trouble with Castillo than Zab and what Hatton did to Castill dwarfs what Cotto did to Zab, you can talk about Castillo being shot all you like but he has come closer than anyone to beating PBF and Hatton crossed him of the hitlist in 4.

Dialogue and choice words have been traded between the two with hints coming from all areas that this fight is a possibility, Hatton has a better resumé than Cotto and is more famous, i think the Fight Night appearances for Hatton will have helped widen Ricky's fanbase with the younger generation.

3. errsta

errsta Boxing Addict banned

Jul 31, 2004
    I would much rather see Hatton vs. Cotto. Both guys want to fight and do fight.

Floyd says he doesn't want to fight and when he does fight, he'll do the least amount of work it takes to win.

4. RAMPAGE0017

May 30, 2007

You've gotta admit though, the fact that Castillo wasn't.. let's just say he wasn't what he used to be, you gotta admit that counts for something when comparing the Castillo who showed up to fight Mayweather and the one who fought Hatton. But other than that, I agree with what you're saying.

5. Anthony Farnell

Anthony Farnell Not the REAL Farnell! Full Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Agree with errsta.
    Hatton v Cotto is the way to go!

6. RAMPAGE0017

May 30, 2007

Cotto/PBF would definitely be more exciting to the eye than a Hatton/Mayweather fight would be, but no way would Cotto draw a bigger crowd than Hatton.

7. bigtime9

bigtime9 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 11, 2006
    hatton does not have the skills to be a ppv fighter. no one will buy his fights after his clinch fst with castillo. haton lost alot of cred with that performance:smoke

8. jrios

jrios Member Full Member

Feb 18, 2006
    A fight with Hatton would make more in England than a Cotto/PBF fight here in the states...but I don't think that we would ever see Hatton/PBF

9. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Denial is the first phase in the aftermath of you grief

10. bigtime9

bigtime9 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 11, 2006
    what are hatton's ppv numbers:lol: has the paler ever been on ppv:think

11. YOUNG*LORD

YOUNG*LORD Carlosv1968 is your daddy Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    Correction! Mayweather had more trouble with a young Castillo. Definitely not the Castillo who fought Hatton. If you want to use your logic...then Cotto destroyed Victoriano Sosa and stopped him in 4 rounds. Victoriano gave PBF a tough go for 12 rounds...Also Cotto stopped Chop Chop in the 5th round. Pbf went 12 round and was even hurt by him....what I'm I trying to point out? That your logic sucks. Cotto has gained fans outside of Puerto Rico, Hatton I'm not to sure of.

12. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    winner of Cotto-Hatton v. PBF

13. RAMPAGE0017

May 30, 2007

You can only pick between the two. :nono

14. El Bombasto

El Bombasto Ask yo momma Full Member

May 23, 2006
    Fat chance of PBF coming down to 140 or Hatton moving up, so Cotto-PBF makes more sense

15. knockout

knockout Make my day Full Member

Feb 18, 2007
    i would say Cotto and Floyd because most people think the fight would be better.