So at this point in time.. what's the bigger PPV to be made, Cotto/PBF or Hatton/PBF?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by RAMPAGE0017, Jun 24, 2007.

1. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Your the one that thinks a guy has to put on a big fuss if he is hurt, the casual fans don't give a **** how old he was they see a guy that in some minds beat PBF get clobbered by Hatton and want to see them fight. No one knows who Victoriano and chop chop are but absolutely everyone knows about Castillo-Corrales, the Cotto victories that you have mentioned have had nowhere near as much publicity as this.

2. RAMPAGE0017

RAMPAGE0017 Well-Known Member Full Member

May 30, 2007
    Cotto/Mayweather - The most obvious case for this fight is that it would probably be the more exciting and crowd-pleasing of the two, but it's questionable whether Cotto can draw more fans, and PPV buys than Hatton would be able to.

Hatton/Mayweather - Would most likely be a dull " tactical " effort, but as everyone saw tonight.. Hatton's fans will travel probably anywhere to watch him fight, and imagine how many he would attract for a fight with Mayweather? Not to mention that Hatton might be a more difficult fight for Floyd than Cotto would.

3. YOUNG*LORD

YOUNG*LORD Carlosv1968 is your daddy Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    The casual fans don't know **** about hatton...but Cotto is becoming the man because he has more exposure...Hatton is only known to his fans in England. Why do you think Cotto has many more PPV fights than Hatton? Cotto sold out MSG...21,000 seats...and it would've been more in a larger venue.

4. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    Hatton/PBF was big right after Hatton beat Tszyu, now it's HUGE. My pick is definitely Hatton/PBF, Hatton has some major victories against legendary fighters, Cotto doesn't.

5. YOUNG*LORD

Jul 19, 2004
    so Castillo is a legendary fighter?...I know he had a legendary fight against Coralles, but is he a lengendary fighter...I don't think so.

6. CarltonBlues

CarltonBlues Well-Known Member Full Member

Apr 5, 2007
  7. sandwichsurgeon

sandwichsurgeon Active Member Full Member

Feb 23, 2007
    Hatton-Mayweather would sell out Wembley and if it was ppv would get at least 500,000 buys in Britain alone if marketed correctly

8. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    He might not be to some people but he will remembered as an exciting fighter in the future and as a legend, many will disagree with that now I'm sure so let's put Castillo aside, Kostya Tszyu is an accomplished legend even when he stepped foot in the ring the night he fought Hatton, so that's a major win right there. Cotto has had decent wins but can you compare any with wins over Kostya Tszyu(TKO11) and Castillo(KO4)?

9. YOUNG*LORD

Jul 19, 2004
    I think Cotto's win against Judah because of style can be compared to Castillo...but obviously KT is a different story.

10. Thinman

Thinman Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 12, 2005

Do you care about that? I don't give a **** abut that. I would like to see PBF fighting both. I am a boxing fan. I hope PPV disappear.:yep

11. Scar

Jul 20, 2004
    I would've said the same about the Cotto fight but Hatton finished off Castillo in 4 rounds and didn't seem to struggle as Cotto did against Judah at times during the fight. I know that styles make fights and all but if you try to compare them this is the first thing that'll pop in your head.

12. stake501

stake501 Active Member Full Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Stop it...Judah is nothing but a good fighter...nowhere near elite....EVERYTIME he stepped up, he lost......Judah is nothing to go on about on the resume

13. jmarti14

jmarti14 Member Full Member

Dec 3, 2005
    i think Hatton/PBF would make more PPV revenue.. Larry Holmes vs Jerry Clooney comes into mind in comparison to this potential bout..