So CONFUSED about the Beterbiev HYPE...

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by LiL Boosie, Mar 20, 2021.

1. Safin

Safin Boxing Addict banned Full Member

Aug 3, 2019
    Everyone who seems to have an opposing view is a troll to you.

2. mark ant

mark ant Canelo was never athletic Full Member

May 4, 2017
    Usyk boxed his ears off in the amateurs.

3. Banana-Rama

Banana-Rama Active Member Full Member

Nov 28, 2015
    So? Do you know who Usyk is?

4. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    No, people I've banned on several occasions that keep making alts to come back and do idiotic threads like this, are trolls. For anyone interested, the moron that started this thread, used to be known as El Chicano.

5. Furey

Furey EST & REG 2009 Full Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Callum Johnson can really bang and he caught him early on and Beterbiev recovered to stop him shortly afterwards. Nothing questionable about his chin other than if you let someone who can punch like Johnson connect on your sweet spot you probably will get put over

Serge likes this.
  6. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    Calllum Johnson isn't an "incredible talent." And while Gvodzyk was certainly a very good fighter, I never considered him a special talent by any means.

NoNeck and Noel857 like this.
  7. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    Of course no.
    You will see any kind of even possible talent if this will be euro and especially EE fighter.

8. hoopsman

hoopsman Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 24, 2005
    I've been a vocal Lomachenko fan, whom I do consider a special talent, since his amateur days, bro. And, the last time I checked, Ukraine is located in Eastern Europe.

I don't dispute that there is some anti-EE bias on ESB, but I can scarcely be accused of engaging in it.

9. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Well-Known Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    Wait, so he went from a Mexican American to a rapper from the south?:cunaooooo:

CST80 likes this.
  10. Surrix

Surrix Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 16, 2020
    eng language forums and YT comments.

This is more like real racism. Racism in depth is discrimination based on race, nationality and origin and number of such anti EE racists is very high in eng forums. Vey high.

I do agree that some fan might not like one style, then for another one style etc or boxers resume.

Sadly regardless of fighting styles and not rare cases even regardless of origin, EE fighters are racists victims in discussions and coments.
    Even the same Vitaly had fighting style like from another World if compare with Wlad. Not alone xx EE fighters judged by racists in forums and there lol, no problems.
    EE boxers does get more hate and disrespect regardless of their fighting style.
    More harsh handling than irish ppl had when Ireland was not independent. Sadly.

11. Jackman65

Jackman65 FJB Full Member

Aug 31, 2019
    He’s won all of his fights, by KO. I can’t think of an instance where he ducked anyone or cherry picked. He doesn’t fight frequently enough but some of that can be attributed to contract issues, poor management and recent bad luck with injuries and Covid.

That said, unlike many modern day belt holders, AB seems willing to fight anyone and always comes in in shape and has a very fan friendly aggressive fighting style. I think he gets hit too much but he’s got a granite chin and doesn’t shy away from brutal action. He’s a very tough guy and a beast at 175. Guys are so used to seeing mismatches like most of Crawford’s recent fights and all of Tank’s recent fights and are looking for quick knockouts.

Beterbiev’s last fight was entertaining and he dominated pretty much every round before knocking go out his opponent late. Pretty impressive performance. I don’t see any AB fans saying he’s PFP best or anything crazy. He’s a very rough guy who no one has beaten yet. Bivol might be a good opponent and is a better boxer. I just don’t know if he can stand up to AB’s power. So far, no opponent has.

Last edited: Mar 22, 2021
  12. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    There`s logic to what you`re saying.

Banana-Rama likes this.
  13. mark ant

May 4, 2017
    Eastern European people are a pan-ethnic group, or multi-ethnic regional grouping, and the inhabitants of Eastern Europe. East or Eastern Europeans can usually trace back full or partial heritage to Belarus, Moldova, Russia, Ukraine and other nations bordering with or otherwise ethnoculturally related to the region.

14. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    This content is protected

You can see how heavy his hooks are. They're real thumping meaty shots

This content is protected

15. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    CJ looks a lot like Deveryanchenko. Just less Eastern Euro.

:lol:

Serge likes this.