so has luis ortiz officially ducked aj ?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by daverobin, Apr 20, 2019.

1. daverobin

daverobin Well-Known Member banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2015
  2. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    PBC blocking the fight , Ortiz said he wants too but PBC refusing it .PBC fighters are closing doors on MSG while AJ is there and they want no part in any fight with him .

CST80 likes this.
  3. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    No dummy, Al Haymon did his thing. Ortiz had no say in the matter.

ashishwarrior and Inglis_1 like this.
  4. de Morhalle

de Morhalle Member Full Member

Dec 1, 2018
    I know so much for PBC fighters being free-agents .

CST80 likes this.
  5. Tankatron

Tankatron Boxing Addict Full Member

Jun 1, 2014
    And isn't that just great for the sport of boxing? Haymon is an even bigger shithouse than Miller and can go **** himself......:pipi

6. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    Yeah, he's a cancer on the sport.

dougingb, Angler Andrew and shavers like this.
  7. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Fight isn't happening, saw an article saying Ortiz has til Tuesday to accept the fight but nothing from his team suggests he really wants it.

Sure he says it's up to his team but he should be the one running the show not the other way round, it's a cop out to blame it on your team for not taking the fight.

And yes Haymon may very well be preventing the fight happening, if that's the case that's Ortiz's fault. He's the one that decided to not sit on his mandatory and wait for Joshua to deal with the IBF mandatory first and signed with Haymon. Remember he refused to sign with Hearn which would of pretty much guaranteed him a shot at AJ but he chose to take an easier path to the title signing with Haymon to secure a shot at Wilder.

He talks about wanting to fight Joshua, threatened to sue to enforce his mandatory, says he's being ducked but he's been twice in a position to secure and Joshua fight and both times it looks like he's gone another direction. Does that sound like a fighter that wants the fight? He'll keep fighting nobodies or maybe Joyce if Joyce decides to take it while he waits for Wilder to deal with Breazeale, then Kownacki and maybe then he'll get his rematch in 2020 when he's 41.

dougingb, deadACE, Tankatron and 2 others like this.
  8. tee_birch

tee_birch Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 6, 2014
    If Ortiz doesn't fight AJ then that's on him, not his team

9. ashishwarrior

ashishwarrior VIP Member Full Member

Apr 19, 2010
    Haymon don't want joshua shitting all over wilders best win in 40ish fights lol
    Protect that investment

dougingb, Contro, de Morhalle and 2 others like this.
  10. Mitch87

Mitch87 Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 29, 2018
    If Ortiz wants the fight he should pubically call out and force Haymon to make it. Just like Linares did to Golden Boy to get the Loma fight done.

dougingb, Slowhand and de Morhalle like this.
  11. GALVATRON

GALVATRON Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Oct 30, 2016
    This , a fighter cannot just call people out every month then turn around and say.....BUT my team won't let me fight you anyway.

One thing I've noticed about team Ortiz they bait you in with a anytime /anywhere but then put stipulations that the money must be what they want.

Didn't someone say Ortiz wanted 10 million ? Idk.

I really hope Joshua levels all these PBC fighters and rids them , tired of them all. Breazeale and Joyce the only one with common sense , I hope he leaves there should he knock Wilder out .

12. lewis gassed

lewis gassed The Bronze Dosser Full Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Yes it's official, how many times has he called out AJ?
    Fight is presented to you and his excuse is my dog/grandma/team/neighbor won't let me take it.

ipitythefool, sid, dougingb and 3 others like this.
  13. It's Ovah

It's Ovah I'm your huckleberry, that's just mah game Full Member

Sep 5, 2016
    Ortiz is a complete bottle job. He's a typical bully who wants everyone to believe he's a total badass by beating up on overmatched opposition then running away when someone legit steps up to him. Trouble is, in his last fight Hammer gave him a bloody nose and had him touching the canvas, so even that plan is starting to fail.

sid likes this.
  14. sid

sid Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 2, 2013
    Bottle job Ortiz should never call out AJ again after this.

15. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    I dont consider it a duck at all, but Ortiz is not obligated to follow Haymon's "advise".

Ortiz is not a slave who has to do whatever his advisor says.