So here we have the 'narrative' for a future AJ fight

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by tdf1974, Jul 17, 2018.

1. tdf1974

tdf1974 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 9, 2013
    This content is protected

Hearn is relentless ..

Povetkin
    Miller
    Whyte

Dragon Punch likes this.
  2. Max Thunder

Max Thunder Proud member of the Cult of Vikings Full Member

Apr 25, 2017
    Ohh watch out we have a badass over here.

3. CutThroatFade

CutThroatFade Rangers FC Full Member

May 25, 2015
    Hearn never wanted the Wilder fight. He wanted Povetkin so he has full control over the fight on DAZN and has now set it up so either Whyte or Miller will get the April fight. Yet delusional Matchroom Hearn ball sniffers will still maintain “Wilder ducked”.

I bet Eddie flipped a gasket when Joshua made that 50 million remark.

4. tdf1974

Sep 9, 2013
    He has already said AJ ****ed up with that 50 million quote...AJ aint been seen since until Hearn let him out his box to face Big Baby ....Why?

5. Puroresu_Fan

Puroresu_Fan Boxing Junkie Full Member

Apr 6, 2016
    Other than the fact Wilder just had to sign a contract.

There was no thing stopping Wilder agreeing to the fight and he did not.

Whether Hearn wanted is irrelevant as Wilder was offered the fight.

TonyHayers and Scissors like this.
  6. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Come on mate, we know you love matchroom but even you should be able to just admit that Hearn didn’t want Wilder and did all he could to stop the fight from happening.

He’s now pretty much lined up AJs next 3 fights to take him through to 2020

Most of us even understand the business sense behind steering clear of Wilder who can with one right hand fcuk up the money train.

Warren would be doing exactly the same thing If he was in Eddies shoes so it’s not about promoter wars

Last edited: Jul 17, 2018
    destruction likes this.
  7. Scissors

Scissors Posts are sponsored by Matchroom Full Member

Feb 11, 2018
    He’s lined up two. I know this place is full of dramatic tarts but let’s be realistic, Eddie Hearn hasn’t got Wembley extended to over 100k for a Miller fight in April has he.

I know it’s hard for some to comprehend but let’s look at it logically. Miller another (highly ranked) heavyweight is in the presence of the cash cow of the division. He’s not going to sit there quietly is he? He’s made his own narrative and tried to talk himself in to a fight - which has worked for many fighters in the past.

Will Joshua not have another Mandatory should he come through a Wilder unification? The Miller fight doesn’t happen within the next 18 months.

TonyHayers and Suspect.chin like this.
  8. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    How so?

Was Wilder sent an offer?

Would Wilder of been paid handsomely for his efforts?

If he won would he then make double of what he made on the first fight?

If Hearn did everything possible not to make the fight then he had a poor way of showing it.

Wilder had the fight in his palms. He then had an April fight and comes with this 50/50 nonsense.

Hearn is simply doing his job going forward which is make sure his fighter has options. Wilder is still one of those options but it's up to him.

Also let's stop with the myth that AJ losing to Wilder stops the money train.

Its ridiculous to think a fighter who can fill out stadiums and sell millions of ppv buys is one defeat away from fighting at the York Hall and shifting 100k ppv buys.

Every fighter loses. The biggest draws in the sporting historically have all lost (not Floyd ).

AJ could lose to Povetkin and a rematch would sell out Wembley easily.

TonyHayers likes this.
  9. tdf1974

Sep 9, 2013
    FFS i thought you had been flushed

10. Dragon Punch

Dragon Punch Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 15, 2012
    Here’s the US media hounding AJ litteraly out of the building..
    This content is protected

It’s going round over old ground but AJ was offered $50m and even Hearn was forced to admit that he was happy with everything and it was down to him to say whether he wanted to go forward.

Only an imbecile would agree terms for a fight not happening until April next year when both will have a fight in between.

We can go round in a circle but the fact is Hearn is terrified of the fight and is putting as many blockers in as possible. The next major issue is going to be the fact he will need/want to keep his US paymasters DAZN happy and keep AJ on that platform when Wilder/Everybody in the US will want showtime.

I don’t mean AJ is literally finished with one defeat, but we know it will definately change things big time. The causals think he is some Unstoppable terminator, the ultimate alpha male- if he ends up slumped on the canvas curtesy of a Wilder windmill that harm his business there is no getting away from it.

Sephiroth Rising 7 likes this.
  11. nurological

nurological Boxing Junkie Full Member

May 25, 2012
    It is literally pointless arguing with them. They can't look objectively even when Hearn completely contradicts himself.

I mean the guy even tried and failed to get Whyte as mando to delay the fight.

12. tdf1974

Sep 9, 2013
    AJ getting smaller everytime i see him...
    AJ looks like hes losing size/mass every time i see him....could play a big factor in POV fight if that power has gone like it looked against Parker and Takam

13. GTFUP

GTFUP Active Member Full Member

Dec 12, 2015
    AJ runs his own thing now and I’m guessing him and Hearn get on just fine and make joint decisions most of the time but ultimately AJ makes the final decision without a doubt. Let’s be honest with ourselves, if we can have 3 easier fights and earn a sheet load of money then why even bother with Wilder or Fury. It’s called the Boxing masterclass in my opinion. Don’t think in a million years AJ is scared in any way of anyone he’s just cementing his finances as we all would.

Scissors likes this.
  14. Puroresu_Fan

Apr 6, 2016
    Forget April. They could of fought in September. The option was there for Wilder to fight AJ in the UK in September before AJ's mandatory.

Now I don't dispute AJ decided he wanted it in the UK but that still doesn't stop the fight. AJ is the A side and can have the fight wherever he wants. Yes he said one thing and then changed his mind but it still didn't mean no fight. The advantage of being the A side means you get to make the big decisions and Wilder sat on a contract for four weeks. Well tough ****, you snooze you lose. Joshua had a mandatory to fill and Wilder lost his spot. The only people to blame for that is team Wilder.

As for DAZN/Showtime. Its not the first time is it. We've had hbo/Showtime issues in the past and guess what there has been a work around.

15. N17

N17 VIP Member Full Member

Feb 16, 2013
    Povetkin then Whyte (April 2019 assuming he beats Parker) and assuming AJ wins those by that time they will target Fury in a huge domestic fight and huge PPV event.

That's how I see this playing out, it makes sense for AJ, Whyte, Hearn, DAZN, Sky, everybody wins.

If Whyte gets beat then that's where Miller could come in.

That might have been the reason for the little staged confrontation and then they can have Sky's Adam Smith look in to the camera with his sinister grin and then quickly become serious and say

"Let's remember, there is a history between these two going back to before the Povetkin fight, there is real animosity. Miller is unbeaten and looks really up for this.. fascinating"

Like it's all not been planned, been 100% real and it's a genuine grudge match that's sort of competitive.