So how do you see it? Fury vs AJ or AJ vs Fury?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Who_Necks, Mar 4, 2021.

1. Who_Necks

Who_Necks Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2016
    Ive noticed a lot that when people talk about this fight among the Casuals at work ect they label it as AJ vs Fury where as i see it as Fury vs AJ.
    As a beaten man with 3 belts picked up out of the bin AJ is clearly the B side here....
    I hope in the negotiations Fury has made this clear that he is giving AJ the shot at the Lineal Gypsy King and the Ring Belt so as a consequence for having to give him a 50-50 deal to get him in the ring for his cash out he has to have the small dressing room and walk First and for it to be billed as Fury vs AJ.

How do you guys see it and how do you think it will be billed here in the UK and in the USA?
    Who do you think will walk last?
    Do you think they will flip a coin?

2. Murderers' Row

Murderers' Row Active Member Full Member

Apr 23, 2020
    I honestly couldn't care less just make the bloody fight.

Furey, Cally, Twentyman and 8 others like this.
  3. hobby rider

hobby rider Member Full Member

Aug 4, 2020
    If you think fury brings more cash to this fight than Joshua you’re an idiot.

Oreet Cha! and Little brian like this.
  4. KermitTheFrog

KermitTheFrog Swinging on Hearn’s nuts Full Member

Sep 5, 2012
    I think we need an amnesty on creating stupid threads about this fight. I can only imagine how bad it’s gonna get when we get close to the fight.

5. DramaShow

DramaShow Member Full Member

Dec 22, 2020
    I don't care, but two sides to the argument:

AJ:
    - Bigger fanbase
    - Higher commercial value
    - Has more belts
    - Does more PPV / Stadium buys
    - Better depth of resume
    Fury:
    - Unbeaten
    - Better wins on the resume
    - The Number 1 in the division
    - Bigger draw in the US

Whatever way it's labelled, it won't affect how big the fight is. I heard Joshua doesn't mind being second so let that happen then.

ButeTheBeast, Holler and Tankatron like this.
  6. BoxingABC1

BoxingABC1 5x WBK Champ Full Member

Sep 21, 2016
    Rematch will be Fury/AJ II, I know that much.

Disclaimer: it's just a light-hearted comment, i don't actually think the result is THAT straightforward.

7. nurological

nurological Boxing Addict Full Member

May 25, 2012
    A side B Side chat is awful. It's just a way fighters can duck fights and fans argue about it. What a loads of ****e.

Jacko, Furey, Twentyman and 3 others like this.
  8. bladesman

bladesman Active Member Full Member

May 31, 2015
    Nobody really cares do they.

I think Joshua will walk first. He did it for the Ruiz rematch and said he liked it as it felt like the ring was his.

9. Jurgen

Jurgen Pay Per Pudding Advisor Full Member

Sep 30, 2016
    As per the other 999,000,034 threads on this fight, I see it down at The River Inn

EJC83 and KermitTheFrog like this.
  10. Deepdale

Deepdale New Member Full Member

Dec 4, 2019
    I find it mad that fighters care about any of this let alone fans. If you're a fighter and think you should walk second but don't, get in there and prove you're the best. If you're a fan, who gives a **** as long as we get to see the fight.

Holler likes this.
  11. Holler

Holler Doesn't appear to be a paid matchroom PR shill Full Member

Mar 12, 2018
    I agree it doesn't really matter, but for the sake of argument... Both sides have decent arguments. There's some ways you could solve it which could help to promote the fight:

Televised coin toss at a pre-fight presser.

One fighter magnanimously cedes top billing then milks the martyr role for all its worth.

Fighter A is first on the posters and pre-fight publicity, Fighter B is second into ring on fight night.

Both fighters come in together from opposite sides of arena. I think this would look really dramatic, but the promoters & broadcasters probably want the interminable ring walks time 2 as it's more time to sell drinks/advertising.

Two fight contract with Fighter A top of bill on fight one and roles reversed for rematch regardless of result on night.

12. niketyson

niketyson New Member Full Member

Mar 4, 2021
    I see it as Joshua vs Fury. He is one of the most marketable athletes on the planet. Current sponsors include Under Armour, Jaguar, British Airways, Lucozade, Beats, and more. Even if he lost the UD to Fury, they can still rebuild him and he will hold value, just like they did after the Ruiz loss (which was embarrassing). On the other hand I don't know a single serious company who bothers with Fury, which is quite telling. I know its controversial, but there are reasons why companies and promoters alike flock to the Canelo's, Ryan Garcia's and Joshua's, and not so much the Fury's and Crawford's, however good their boxing skills are.

Little brian likes this.
  13. Col Mortimer

Col Mortimer The question isn't indiscreet.The answer could be Full Member

Jul 25, 2010
    I really don't care about the petty details . To the point ive not got an opinion to add.

Just as long as it gets signed and we hear the cha-ching!! of round one.