So, I finally started boxing

Discussion in 'Boxing Training' started by MURDR63, Feb 15, 2012.

1. Fitzgerald90

Fitzgerald90 Guest

hes 50lb over weight coz hes only been in the game 5 minutes hes a novice leave it out you should be encouraging him for taking up this great sport.

2. Matty lll

Matty lll Boxing Addict Full Member

Jan 21, 2011
    Yeah but he's been talking about it for months now.

3. MURDR63

MURDR63 Member Full Member

Feb 14, 2012
    No, I'm 50 pounds overweight because I've only been able to walk about 3 months out of the last two years. I've been on crutches. It has nothing to do with me not working hard.

4. MURDR63

Feb 14, 2012
    Yeah, but I couldn't start months ago because I was hurt.

5. Matty lll

Jan 21, 2011
    That's fair enough

6. Arranmcl

Arranmcl Arran Full Member

Jan 2, 2011
    I... I think I hate you?

7. MURDR63

Feb 14, 2012
    That's fine, doesn't bother me in the least.

8. StillWill

StillWill Dr. Eisenfaust Full Member

Jul 12, 2010
    doesnt matter if u had discipline u wouldnt be eating mcdonalds, fatty

9. StillWill

StillWill Dr. Eisenfaust Full Member

Jul 12, 2010
    "Ive only been able to workout 3 months out of the last 3 years (is 19 years old"

** 2 days earlier**

"Im an expert on olympic lifting and have competed in lifting comps"

:rofl:rofl:rofl:patsch:patsch:patsch:-:)-:)lol:

10. MURDR63

Feb 14, 2012
    When have I ever said I've eaten McDonalds?

Do you even want me to address the idiocy of this post?

11. lefty

lefty Boxing Addict Full Member

Apr 29, 2006
    When you can't exercise that's a perfect time to lose weight... Or you want to be the best at everything apart from discipline at the dinner table?
    Just listen to what PLC said.
    That is the problem, you want everything right now and it sounds like you're constantly trying to inspire yourself. You need smaller more immediate goals to achieve and build on them. You're just going to get frustrated and burn yourself out with the mindset you've got. You don't need to inspire yourself by thinking about being the best you can be, just go to the gym and focus on improving your jab. When I say don't take it so seriously I mean just relax while you learn, if you have fun while you train you'll always come back and improve. To be good at anything you need to be relaxed and present in the moment, every post of yours reeks of anxiety and unrealistic expectations. I mean you're worried about performing in your first session of hitting the pads ffs.
    There's no point being the fastest and strongest with incorrect technique. You need to be the fastest and strongest while throwing a punch, to do that the first step is to learn how to throw a punch. Losing weight while trying to improve different aspects of fitness is very difficult so maybe your first goal should be trying to lose some weight while practicing technique... That's what I'd be doing if I was you.

12. Juxhin

Juxhin Guest

I like you Lefty.

13. Deprecated

Deprecated New Member Full Member

Jun 24, 2011
    Lol, I've been lurking on these forums for a while and I've noticed that nearly every time you post it sounds like you just finished watching Rocky or a motivational video. Really though, with your attitude it just seems like your motivation is gonna burn out after a few months or less. I was almost the same way and it came to the point where it felt like a chore to go to practice, which is not good (needless to say.. :-(). I understand that you value work ethic, I'm sure we all do, but that seriousness.. you don't even need it. It'll rip the fun out of the sport for you. My comment may not mean much to you since I don't have any posts, but I had to say it. Either way, good luck :good

14. Matty lll

Jan 21, 2011
    Welcome to the forum mate, solid first post :good

15. Deprecated

Deprecated New Member Full Member

Jun 24, 2011