So, if Haye had instead signed with a certain British promoter in 2002....

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by Leif Erikson, Mar 10, 2008.

1. Leif Erikson

Leif Erikson Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 3, 2004
    What would he be looking forward to for his next fight?

What, if any, 'world title' would he currently be carrying?

What sort of fighters would have been hyped up as legitimate, hardcore opposition (ala 'monster' Ezra Sellers)?

2. mike464

mike464 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    WBO title fights against the likes of Bobby Gunn

3. Leif Erikson

Leif Erikson Well-Known Member Full Member

Oct 3, 2004
    I think Haye vs Gunn might well be the first fight in which the challenger is KOed BEFORE the bout even starts, by the air from the champ shadow boxing in his dressing room.

4. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Let's just say Damon Reed would be eagerly looking forward to another pay day...

5. dwilson

dwilson Guest

Ver good thread. We do not know how Mr Haye's career would have gone like but we can presume it would have along the same lines as Macca's.

So right at this moment Haye would be just coming off a huge fight that unified the cruiserweight division and would be making claims to move up to heavy weight. Haye would still be undefeated.

But we would all hate him because he is with a certain promoter and only fighting guys that should never be in a ring with him.

6. brown_bomber

brown_bomber BROWN BOMBER Full Member

Apr 26, 2006
    haye wud be shaping up next to fight audley harrison and danny williams :D

7. sean

sean pale peice of pig`s ear Full Member

Jul 19, 2004
    slightly off topic but just think back 6 to 12 months ago.

warren was lambasting haye in his newspaper column for backing out of a £250k offer to fight enzo and if haye won having to give warren options on his next 4 fights , which if he stepped up to heavy would have to include
    sprott/williams/skelton.

whats the betting in warren`s newspaper column this week he does not say

"jeez david haye was smart not to take up my offer that i called him every kind of dip**** for not taking"

but i just know he will say something to the effect good luck to david haye in the heavyweight division but he better not go near him , him him etc etc.

8. Decebal

Decebal Lucian Bute Full Member

Mar 10, 2007
    Warren is a bad loser but this time, if he puts the knife in, everyone will think he's a ****, even those who don't know anything about what's been going on.

9. mike464

mike464 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 10, 2005
    Haye definitely owned Frank Warren. Took a nice chunk of money off him, embarrassed one of his top fighters and forced him to retire as a promotor.

10. Tony Harrison

Tony Harrison Active Member Full Member

Jan 30, 2007
    I fear Bobby Gunn would no longer be with us.

11. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    :lol: :rofl :D

12. brown bomber

brown bomber 2010 Poster of the Year Full Member

Jul 1, 2006
    Hay would be 37-0 (37ko's) and the undisputed WBO, WBU, IBA and IBO interim champion. Next fight at O2 Arena against TBA but soon to step up and face the reigning champion in his next fight.... yeah right.

13. Max Molyneux

Max Molyneux Liverpool Liver Tickler Full Member

Jul 11, 2005
    Would he still have Booth at his side perhaps or a trainer that doesn"t give him an easy ride.

14. DamonD

DamonD Boxing Junkie Full Member

Nov 19, 2004
    He's never been afraid of looking like a **** though, so I get the feeling his usual mean spirited "my way or the highway" nature will kick in and he'll have a few jabs at Haye.

I did notice, during the build-up, that he did concede at one point that making the fight now was actually higher-profile and more lucrative than if they'd fought a year back. Whether he remembers he admitted that or no is another matter.

15. KCD

KCD All aboard. Full Member

Sep 30, 2007
    I dont think Hayes pride would have allowed himself to go through any mismatches.

I am not a fan of Haye, but i give props where props are due and whilst i dont belive he will be an elite heavyweight, i believe that he will beat a fair few good men.

Plus Haye has an ego, Warren has an ego therefore they wouldnt e compatable.