So if Tank is special why he's fighting B and C level fighters all the time?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by f1ght3rz, Jun 29, 2021.

1. Maidanas Gun Tattoo

Maidanas Gun Tattoo Active Member Full Member

Sep 29, 2017
    He beat one guy. Singular. That doesn’t mean he wasn’t a C level fighter.

2. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

May 29, 2007
    By the way and for your information:

I have always said Crybaby Garcia is not of that life. He will call out Tank then when it’s time to make the fight he will run like the punk ass ***** he is.

3. Zhuge Liang

Zhuge Liang Active Member Full Member

Jun 30, 2018
    My complain about Tank Davis is that his career is unclear. Seems like no clear direction.

He currently has three belts in three different classes, but only one of them is legit (not exactly legit either since LSC didn't get it properly), the 130. But, he is coming and going between these three classes without clear path to take on the top guy in those divisions, or at least, unify his belt. And it is also unclear is he going to defend all those belts since WBA is under payroll to keep him protected.

Here are the top oppositions in 130, 135, 140

130 - Oscar Valdez, Jojo Diaz, Jamel Herring, Miguel Berchelt
    135 - Teofimo Lopez, Loma, Devin Haney, Ryan Garcia
    140 - Josh Taylor, Regis Prograis, Ramirez, Zepeda

If he at least challenge any of these names and KO'em, I might change my perspective on him.

4. Skyver

Skyver Active Member Full Member

Apr 29, 2015
    Exactly.its clear what they are doing with him..anybody on here defending this behaviour are biased fanboys.

5. Hanz Cholo

Hanz Cholo Boxing Addict Full Member

Jul 11, 2012
    Even Teddy calls Tank special
    … in the same breath as saying the same about lomanchenko!

6. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    So they're graduating from beating up on E and D levels from Central America, 122-126 pounders, shot crippled geriatric Cuban leprechauns, paper champions and from chasing regular belts to chasing fighters who are in the midst of suffering from mental health problems? :lol:

7. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Excuses excuses excuses. Mental health problem s my ass. The only mental health issues he has was seeing Tank’s brutal knockout of LSC and no doubt the knockout of Barrios has made it worse yet you were claiming not so long ago Garcia’s record was as good or better. You wonder why I call him Crybaby Garcia.

8. Serge

Serge Ginger Dracula Staff Member

Jul 21, 2009
    I give the kid the benefit of the doubt. Mental health ain't no joke, Olu

No I said Garcia had the better win above 130 in Campbell

Unless you think a shot to **** one-legged 38 y/o crippled Gamboa is a better win than Campbell

9. Slyk

Slyk Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 5, 2010
    No one knew who Barrios was except IB before Tank fought him. It's the truth, folks.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  10. Mike_b

Mike_b Active Member Full Member

Jul 9, 2020
    Tank is following the Mayweather blueprint. He fights everybody in house/ PBC till he stacks his resume to the point where it's time to roll with the other big dogs. PBC will keep him paid paired with good match making. This will entitle Floyd and Al Haymon money. THEN mark my words, he's gonna become a ppv star at the point where they bring in the different promoters to do business with unless there are huge superfights that are winnable along the way. All he needs is a consistent work ethic and good training. He will be relevant for a long time.

Brixton Bomber likes this.
  11. bandeedo

bandeedo Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 19, 2007
    :lol:
    i probably live less than 15 minutes from him and even i was only vaguely familiar.

12. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    How you can call these valiant warriors E and D levels is beyond me. When you say that I can’t take you seriously. You obviously don’t like Tank just admit. I don’t like Crybaby Garcia I admit. I like and respect Loma but I am just not a Lomasexual. JT I love but I do think he will lose to Tank when it happens ditto I love Bud Crawford as fine a talent as Sugar Ray Leonard but he will lose to my boy EJ Erroll Spence Junior. We all have our favourites. One of my favourite fighters was Edwin Rosario El Chapo but even I had to salute the job Julio Cesar Chavez did on him. Having your personal favourite does not mean you don’t appreciate others.

13. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    I had seen Barrios and told you guys about him that it was not going to be an easy fight for Tank. I am proud of Tank for negotiating the problems Barrios posed.

bandeedo likes this.
  14. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Sorry No No No bloody hell No. I am sorry but We are not having that! He had no mental health issues when he was beating Cool Hand Luke or calling out Tank publicly. He only developed this after Tank publicly accepted his challenge on Mike Tyson’s podcast with the chilling words “if I had been the one to hit him like Campbell a guy who can’t punch, you know I would have killed him”. Along with the LSC knockout when he watched it again it affected him scaring the living daylights out of him. It was all so predictable.

15. Olu G. Rotimi

May 29, 2007
    Garcia already ran away like a ***** with no heart after Tank accepted his challenge. Prograis may well get the call as he is on the right side of the street.