So I'm rewatching GGG vs Jacobs

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Forza, Mar 18, 2020.

1. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    I'm talking about GGG fans who delusionally act like he clearly beat Jacobs and clearly beat Canelo twice when each of these matches were actually extremely close and debatable.

To refer to Jacobs as a bum is totally nuts, then to double down and act like GGG won it 9 rounds to 3, this must be some kind of a joke. There are plenty of GGG fans who act like GGG beat Canelo so easily, some had it 9-3 or 8-4 and act like it's the only way you could possibly view the match. It's insulting to serious boxing fans like myself who recognize a close fight and respect differing viewpoints.

pacas, maac and herbzg like this.
  2. gdm

gdm Boxing Junkie banned Full Member

Mar 20, 2011
    Didn’t you say Clen beat GGG twice and he schooled him second time? and when Clen got caught juicing and you came up with all kinds of excuses .

iii likes this.
  3. shadow111

shadow111 Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Aug 1, 2012
    Yes I did indeed say he beat GGG both times, but no, I didn't say he schooled him the 2nd time, I said he schooled him the first time, the 2nd time he whooped his ass Mexican Style, the first time he used footwork gave him a boxing lesson, which is how schoolings occur. And when I said he schooled GGG the first time, I also made it clear that he was schooling him in some of the early rounds and then GGG made adjustments stopped it from being a schooling and won many of the middle rounds.

However I have always been very consistent in my saying that both fights were close and can be interpreted in various ways. So if someone had GGG winning either fight I understood that and didn't act like seeing it that way is crazy. You see the difference? It's one thing to score a fight for a fighter and recognize that there were several swing rounds where if scored for the other fighter can turn 7-5 or 8-4 for one guy into 7-5 or 8-4 for the other guy.

That's very different than calling a fighter like Jacobs a "bum" and act like a close fight was wide or easily scored. And a lot of GGG fans (not all of course) but a lot do act like the only way the first match could be scored is a clear GGG win and that it being a draw was a robbery. That's very similar to acting like GGG Jacobs was some easy to score 9-3 GGG win when in actuality it was close and hard to score!!

pacas likes this.
  4. bailey

bailey VIP Member Full Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Before the fight I picked Jacobs to win.
    Watching live at the time I thought Jacobs edged it but I will have to watch it again

5. Mynydd

Mynydd Member Full Member

Oct 9, 2017
    Make your mind up.

iii likes this.
  6. Charles Dance

Charles Dance Member banned Full Member

Feb 26, 2020
    GGG was very lucky to get the decision against Jacobs in NYC, after the KD he was mostly hitting thin air. Very close fight, but I thought Jacobs did enough.

IsaL and pacas like this.
  7. acie2g

acie2g Boxing Junkie Full Member

Jul 21, 2010

Dude you arguing to the wrong crowd hell look at the list they post of ppl who felt GGG won fight I vs Canelo most had it 7-5 which is a round off of a draw yet calling it a draw is somehow I heard of.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2020
  8. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    and you call GGG fans delusional? Just stay inside , coz people with health conditions are at much higher risk!

iii likes this.
  9. The Real Lance

The Real Lance Boxing Junkie Full Member

Oct 29, 2012
    And yet you love to post how Canelo WHOOPED 3G or beat him down. You're pathetic to try and say that after the crap you've posted.

iii likes this.
  10. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    You know who disagrees with you.

pacas likes this.
  11. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Shadow has repeatedly mentioned how both fights were close. In fact he has stated that the 2nd fight was closer than the first.

I think its possible to have a close fight with one fighter getting his ass whooped like the rematch. If you need another example, the Taylor-Chavez fight.

Don't be such a moron.

12. Somali Sanil

Somali Sanil Wild Buffalo Man banned Full Member

Sep 1, 2019
    So Canelo schooled him in Vegas and all he got for it was a draw ? You don't draw with Canelo unless you beat him, especially on his patch

iii likes this.
  13. Scar

Scar VIP Member Full Member

Jul 20, 2004
    This fight makes me so emotional. Just reading both their names is enough to make me lose emotional control for 3 hours straight. It's pretty much the prime Tyson vs prime Ali fight that we always wanted.

14. gdm

Mar 20, 2011
    deep inside you know GGG edged it hahaha

Somali Sanil and iii like this.
  15. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    Deep down you know anyone who calls it a robbery is a moron.