So I'm rewatching GGG vs Jacobs

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Forza, Mar 18, 2020.

1. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I didn't go there, I mean like that's the first fight I watched on TV that happened as I watched it. Hence, first live fight I watched on TV.

I'm from the UK.

pacas likes this.
  2. IsaL

IsaL VIP Member Full Member

Oct 7, 2006
    That don't prepare Canelo for MW. That was more of an exhibition fight.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  3. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    G couldn't ko a smaller cherry picker and did about the same as GGG VS Jacobs

4. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    That's interesting.

I can't remember the first fight I watched live, I must of been a toddler. My earliest memories of boxing are of me being baby sat by my grandma when I was 4 or 5 years old and her watching the fights on the tele live.

pacas likes this.
  5. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    GGG is a very good fighter, but he got way over hyped, and still does today (but only by the usual nuthuggers).

I have no doubt that todays version of Canelo beats any version of Golovkin.

Ph33rknot likes this.
  6. Ph33rknot

Ph33rknot Momento mori Full Member

Mar 5, 2012
    Yea he dose

7. George Crowcroft

George Crowcroft Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Mar 3, 2019
    My earliest memory of boxing is Mayweather/Hatton. My dad loves Ricky and so absolutely buzzing. I'd just turned 4 and he made me stay up until 4 in the morning to watch it with about half of the street in my God Mother's front room. I remember the uproar when Mayweather stumbled back, off balance. Everyone lost their ****. Apparently I made a bet with my dad that I'd only get my Christmas presents if Hatton won, but I don't remember that.

Aside from that and sitting in the room, uninterested, whilst boxing was on, GGG/Jacobs was the first time I stayed up and actively wanted to watch the fight. And so I loved boxing from there on in.

pacas and The Real Lance like this.
  8. IsaL

Oct 7, 2006
    You should tell your pops to post here.

How old is he, in his 30's or 40's?

pacas likes this.