So Matchroom are signing David Price ?

Discussion in 'British Boxing Forum' started by shitstabber, Jan 15, 2013.

1. icemax

icemax Indian Red Full Member

Apr 24, 2008
    It certainly would, and my answer would be "in a dark room with my head in my hands"

2. Bill C84

Bill C84 Boxing Junkie banned

Sep 11, 2011
    No people don't rate him because he's not that good, the man went life and death with Marco Huck, who lets face it, is good to watch but very primitive stylewise.

3. Espin88

Espin88 Boxing Addict Full Member

Sep 28, 2012
    Definetly Anthony Joshua, Hearn has showed an interest in him on numerous occasions.

4. smegmaa

smegmaa Undefeated Champ Full Member

Mar 19, 2011
    It's nobody..Joshua's staying amateur until @ least the world championships & Price has still got a contract with hobbit Frank & he'd never let him go, as he's his only big money making fighter!

5. evil G

evil G this_is_box Full Member

Apr 8, 2009
    :deal

6. troy

troy Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Joshuas big pals with that iflim london dude Kugan and Kugan big pals with Eddie Hearn work it out out,Joshua could be the next Frank Bruno.

7. PUG

PUG Everyday Is LIke Sunday Full Member

Jan 16, 2013
    Was going to post the same thing myself, a 'quality' heavyweight does not struggle with Marco Huck. 50 year old Firat Arslan had an easier time with Huck,(though he was denied the decision)

The Michael Sprott who beat Gerber would be 50/50 with Povetkin.

8. USA Rob

USA Rob Boxing Addict banned

Dec 22, 2012
    yes because they are the only heavyweights in the country...

9. PUG

Jan 16, 2013
    Think that'll be a hard sell mate, it will be interesting to see if Audley can become the first two time Prizefighter winner (be good to see him avenge the Rogan loss) but after the Haye and Price fiascos, no one will pay to see him in a fight of any significance (unless Bruce Baker gives him a chance at another Masters 'title')

10. avk47

avk47 King Full Member

Feb 3, 2005
    It was also not the best version of him that I've seen, his stamina was not there and he was unmotivated. Agreed that it's no excuse, but if he gets his head straight, I would bet that he will surprise many.

11. craney91

craney91 Boxing Addict banned

Mar 23, 2012
    My god there are some plants on here. I am 110% convinced. You know who you are, let it be known, you maybe fooling others who have not yet woke up to the agenda, but you are most definitely not fooling I. :good

Regarding Anthony Joshua, somebody mentioned "the battle of the promoters will be won by who signs Joshua, he is the number 1 draft pick" :patsch

Tell me that was tongue in cheek? :lol:

When Audley Harrison won his gold medal, he was 10 times more convincing than Anthony Joshua, Joshua was given a gift and a get out of jail card in at least 2 fights in those Olympics. If those Olympics had been held anywhere else, on neutral ground, if Joshua won even a Bronze medal, I would have been surprised! Yes he is a physical specimen, probably more suited in WWF or fighting in the UFC with Alistair Overeem. But he is far from a great boxer. Unless of course he DRASTICALLY and rapidly improves in the pro game, or has about 50 useless fights against domestic bums, 50 wins, 50 KO's in round 1. Expect absolutely nothing from Anthony Joshua. He is a "golden boy" hype job that all the brainwashed old fogies who watched the Olympics were told to love.....or else.

Regarding draft picks, Kobe Bryant was 13th pick in the 1st round, and Michael Jordan 3rd pick in the 1st round. 2 of the best to ever do it on the court, in the case of Michael Jordan, THE very best.

Being 1st early on means f*ck all, Audley Harrison found that out and like I said, he was dominant when he won gold, and that was on foreign territory! So much so a nation was living in fear of his arrival. He was the next big thing, and nothing to be messed with. The BBC were so confident in Harrison they spent millions of license payers money on the giant. "The next Lewis" "The next Klitschko"

Let's be honest, he wasnt even the next Michael Sprott.

12. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Useless big stiff idiot.

13. PUG

Jan 16, 2013
    What does Dai think about this?

14. dinovelvet

dinovelvet Antifanboi Full Member

Jul 21, 2012
    Matchroom should of signed Clev instead of Bellew. He has more potential and a better chance of winning a world title.

15. craney91

craney91 Boxing Addict banned

Mar 23, 2012
    Dunno mate, maybe you should sign out and sign into your Dai account so you can tell us PIG.....sorry, I mean PUG.