So Mayweather is essentially retired...

Discussion in 'Classic Boxing Forum' started by reznick, Jan 18, 2016.

1. C.J.

C.J. Boxings Living Legend revered & respected by all Full Member

Apr 14, 2009
    In my book Mayweather was exposed as a cheater on May 1 2015. The only attempt to justify his illegal actions was t stutter " My urine was dark Very dark" Sorry Floyd that wont fly. Ask any doctor or nurse & they'll tell you No one receives 750 ml of Saline for "DARK URINE"
    Mayweather should either find a LEGITMATE reason or be banned from the sport entirely. Sad part is though he'll never have to his cohorts in this scenario claim " Mr Mayweather did nothing wrong & we will not be investigating the matter" ROFLMAO Can you spell CORRUPTION!!!!

2. Bogotazo

Bogotazo Amateur Full Member

Oct 17, 2009
    Hell no. Diaz himself called Roach the best in boxing and doesn't have near the resume to back it up. Ridiculous comment.

3. N_ N___

N_ N___ Boxing Addict Full Member

Oct 1, 2014

Yes, he does have the resume. Did you notice how Cotto fought Mayweather the same way he fought Canelo?

4. Bogotazo

Oct 17, 2009
    Pedro Diaz does not have the resume. It's utterly lacking. He trained Rigondeaux for Donaire and Cotto for Margarito 2 and Diaz. That's it on World level.

Roach took a slugger in Pacquiao and made him a much more well-rounded boxer-puncher with great footwork, turned Khan into an accomplished 140 champ after he was first KO'd, made JCC jr. improve into a decent fighter (beat Lee, Rubio), made Zou Shiming champion, turned Provodnikov into a beast, prepared Postol against his win over Matthysse (Postol gave him all the credit), gave Oscar a great gameplan against Floyd, and won trainer of the year 6 times.

There's no contest here.

Cotto didn't fight Floyd the same way he fought Canelo, his left hook was less emphasized, and while his footwork was good, his overall ring generalship wasn't as impressive. Look at the differences in his footwork and offense against Trout and Martinez, two southpaws with a size advantage. Diaz is a solid trainer and gave Cotto a lot of his movement back, but he didn't round out Cotto's game the same way.

5. N_ N___

Oct 1, 2014

You're talking about ****ing Zou Shiming? He didn't teach Provodnikov or Khan a lick of defense and it showed. Diaz is the man behind Felix Savon and Rigo. You can take your personal favorite between Roach and Diaz, but don't pretend like Diaz is anything short of world class. The camp was ****py for the Trout fight.

Cotto was very good with Diaz and I see zero evidence that he was better with Roach. He fell into the same win/loss pattern with Roach that he's shown throughout his career: He beat the good and lost competitively to the elite.

Frankly, I think your feelings are a little hurt that Cotto lost to Mayweather.

6. Bogotazo

Oct 17, 2009
    Roach clearly improved Khan. If you can't see that you're blind. His jab, control of distance, and guard all improved.

Way to ignore every other world class pro Roach took to victory.

Savon is great, but we'll never know how good he was at the pro level. He's no Pacquiao.

Why would my feelings be hurt? Look at Trout and Martinez. Stylstically much more similar. Cotto looked better. I can't make you see things you're incapable of seeing, there were clearly changes. This doesn't have to do with Floyd, even though I know you always try to make it so, which is why you probably hate on Roach.

Roach is more accomplished than Diaz, it's indisputable. Stop talking nonsense. Again Diaz himself said Roach was the best in boxing.

7. N_ N___

Oct 1, 2014

Do you understand what humility is? It doesn't matter what a boxing trainer or boxer says when they're asked if they think they're better than someone else.

Pascal just got slaughtered last night, with Roach, if you weren't paying attention. A worse L than I can think of with a Diaz fighter.

The reality is that Cotto's level of performance in his loses goes like this: Margarito>Pac>Mayweather>Canelo. He was fully focused for all of these fights and performed well in all, but was a little bit more formidable when younger and at lighter weights. The Trout fight is the one instance where he took his opponent lightly and was too involved in promotion, etc. not coincidentally, it's right after the Floyd fight.

8. Bogotazo

Oct 17, 2009
    You're going to use a shot Pascal as an argument? :lol::patsch Dude, Roach has trained more world class fighters than Diaz and had much more success. It's not debatable. Accomplishments are not about avoiding losses; perhaps it's futile to explain that to someone who runs around the classic trying to up Floyd whenever possible.

Make a poll, ask anyone else. It's ludicrous to say Diaz is a better trainer than Roach. He doesn't have anything to show for himself regarding that. It's over. Log off.

9. N_ N___

Oct 1, 2014

An older Cotto in the wrong weightclass was not better than the guy who Mayweather beat. Your feelings=:(

10. Bogotazo

Oct 17, 2009
    Sure, make up **** to deflect from the fact you said something incredibly dumb that you can't defend. Whatever works for you.

Pedro Diaz better than Freddie Roach :lol::patsch I'll remember that one.

11. rossco666

rossco666 Guest

How's the exams going Bogo?

12. Bogotazo

Oct 17, 2009
    Great. Just went to a simulated exam session and set up my giant post-it for rule memorization.