So... Thurman, Spence, and Danny couldn't stop Porter, but Crawford will?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by BoxingIQ, Oct 14, 2021.

1. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    This is what's often missed. I've always made the argument that if Brook would've stayed at 147, he would possibly be the best of the bunch, minus Ennis and Ortiz

gollumsluvslave and CST80 like this.
  2. BoxingIQ

BoxingIQ Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 6, 2017
    Same, I think Crawford wins the decision or it will be a draw. But all this, "Crawford stops Porter." is kind of pushing it.

velagod and northpaw like this.
  3. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    Porter is better now and that was peak Kell Brook.

gollumsluvslave and BoxingIQ like this.
  4. Fogger

Fogger Father, grandfather and big sports fan. Full Member

Aug 9, 2021
    If Crawford stops Porter, and I think he will, it will be attrition and not one-punch knockout power. I really like both these guys but I think Crawford will pick Porter apart as he tries to get inside. I will go with Crawford by late TKO.

Reinhardt and sasto like this.
  5. Braindamage

Braindamage Baby Face Beast Full Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Agreed! Don't know about a stoppage, but it will answer a lot of questions. I will be taking my son to Vegas to watch live. Should be a fun time.

6. Reg

Reg Boxing Junkie Full Member

Feb 5, 2016
    I have a feeling Porter is a part timer boxer now. He tried 3 times to make his mark against the elite and failed each time. He may come into the fight in shape and claiming it was a perfect camp and all but on the inside he's 70% of what he used to be you guys just don't know it yet. He's more interested in his post boxing career now.

Fogger, sasto and TBI like this.
  7. MrFoFody

MrFoFody Boxing Addict Full Member

Dec 17, 2005
    I see it the other way around as in Porter stopping Bud...

BoxingIQ likes this.
  8. drenlou

drenlou Tres Delinquentes Full Member

Jan 22, 2015
    If he stopped Porter id be highly impressed, but im in the same boat as others, in saying its highly unlikely.

9. MetalLicker

MetalLicker Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 10, 2011
    Broner dropped him. Porter didn’t see the punch coming and Crawford could catch him with something he doesn’t see coming.

Porter is tough man, but he’s no defensive wizard. Tough men can be broken down by well placed punches. See Mosley vs Margarito.

So yes, Crawford can stop Porter if he commit to his punches.

10. Olu G. Rotimi

Olu G. Rotimi The Right Honourable Lord President of the Council Full Member

May 29, 2007
    What do you base this on? Is it his fight with Erroll Spence which is what is most relevant or his successful podcast?

11. JOKER

JOKER Froat rike butterfry, sting rike MFER! banned Full Member

Dec 18, 2019
    Styles.

12. 6.5winmag

6.5winmag Member Full Member

May 1, 2020
    crawford will not ko porter,porter has too much high energy crawford will tire in the late rounds and it will end in a draw.

13. Dementia Pugulistica

Dementia Pugulistica Well-Known Member Full Member

Nov 24, 2005
    Porter has been busy being a commentator and picking out $10k suits. He's gotten soft and has lost his hunger. He's gotten as far as he's gonna get and will not improve any further unless he changes his corner team. If he tries to punish Bud, he'll get ko'd. I expect Porter to come out very aggressive , get tagged early and fight the rest of the fight in survival mode. It wouldn't surprise me if Bud knocks Porter out. It would surprise me a lot more if Porter were to win...in any fashion.

Fogger likes this.
  14. vast

vast Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Nov 27, 2010
    Hard to envision Crawford stopping Porter, but Porter is hittable and Crawford has a reach advantage and an aggressive style. It still seems very unlikely cause Porter is aggressive also and likes to punch back. So it could be more of a boxing display by Crawford, avoiding the slugfest. In a slugfest its pure 50/50, in more of a boxing match I like Crawford 60/40.

15. Alo2006

Alo2006 R.I.P Sean Taylor Full Member

Jun 28, 2006
    Brook was Prime when he beat Porter. In fact, Thurman and Garcia was avoiding Brook during that time. Porter was the only one who took a chance. Bud fought Brook like 5 years later, who was past prime and hadn't fought at 147 in 3 year. Also weight drained himself to make 147 for Bud.