So, Usyk vs Povetkin is inevitable next?

Discussion in 'World Boxing Forum' started by Big Ukrainian, Feb 12, 2019.

1. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    I'll join you. It's cool if Whyte loses, what excuse will Usyk fans use though?

Whyte isn't being propped up as something he ain't.

Usyk is the one being propped up.

2. Brighton bomber

Brighton bomber Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Apr 4, 2005
    Hell of a dangerous debut at heavyweight if it happens. Though it makes the most sense with Russia and Ukraine basically at war with each other it would be a huge fight in both their respective home countries.

If Usyk wins it immediately makes him a top contender for any of the top guys, though I'm sure some haters will crawl out of their basements and just say he beat an old and shot Povetkin or Joshua's leftovers.

I think Usyk can win if he can make it into the later rounds, Povetkin faded badly vs Joshua he no longer has the stamina. But I can't see it being an easy fight at all for Uysk, Povetkin is very dangerous and his attacks are hard to read.

Geo1122 and Big Ukrainian like this.
  3. UKboxingfan

UKboxingfan Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 28, 2018
    Agreed, povetkin was very dangerous for 3 rounds against AJ then he was done. Might be a similar story with Usyk, I think Usyk will stop him late.

Big Ukrainian likes this.
  4. sauhund II

sauhund II Boxing Addict Full Member

Nov 8, 2008
    Povetkin is a Russian hype job who never ever even in his prime beat a note worthy opponent unless Fatty Chambers is the stuff of legends.......he stepped up twice and got rag dolled twice.........he is the quintessential never was.

mthez likes this.
  5. cippi

cippi Obsessed with Boxing Full Member

Feb 28, 2009
    i dont see it happening. i wish he can get kownacki.

6. Luis Fernando

Luis Fernando Well-Known Member Full Member

Aug 23, 2017
    Right, because seeing a 40 year old has been fighting an athletic prime fighter is supposed to be a 'great fight'?

7. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    What relevance does him being a 'Russian' have with him being a hype job?

8. Geo1122

Geo1122 Active Member Full Member

Jul 7, 2017
    Unfortunately I feel that this is the way it will go.

Aydamn likes this.
  9. Badbot

Badbot I Am An Actual Pro. Full Member

Apr 17, 2011
    If Usyk does happen to fight Povetkin, and if he wins, will you give him his credit?

10. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017
    Come on then, answer! I want to know! So I ask again:

What relevance does him being a 'Russian' have with him being a hype job?

11. Luis Fernando

Aug 23, 2017

Povetkin poses very little to no threat to Usyk. Let's not get carried away here. This is a guy who failed to drop 2 journeymen in Christian hammer and Andriy Rudenko in combined 24 rounds in back to back fights. That's not the sign of someone who poses much, if any danger. Lest we not forget that Christian Hammer also has a glass jaw and was already knocked out clean by Mariusz Wach and dropped multiple times by Tyson Fury but Povetkin still couldn't even score a single knockdown over this glass jaw. So what should that tell us about Povetkin in terms of the threat he poses? It tells us Povetkin poses very little to no threat whatsoever.

12. Aydamn

Aydamn Dillian Da Dissappointment Full Member

Jul 31, 2018
    Usyk already has my credit.

I tried calling my bank to report it as stolen.. but some woman started laughing on the phone and I heard a manly foreign voice go 'I am very feel'

Nah banter aside I already respect Usyk either way.

13. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    yeahhhh sure... lol PEDvetkin... he sure took some serious steroids!! lol... "steroids" they give to little kids over-the-counter, and they have commercials on TV just like for pepto bismol, tylenol, benadryl lol.
    This content is protected

14. bruce_keyes

bruce_keyes Well-Known Member Full Member

Feb 9, 2008
    I can't believe it's taken this long for Povetkin and Usyk to get a fight.... it's already Mid-February, and Povetkin announced he met with Hearn back in November and he said that they are talking about organizing a fight for April. SO negotiations are lasting already 3 months? shouldn't be that difficult. same with Usyk, he signed with Matchroom back in December, and fight announcement was supposed to come 2 weeks after Tony Bellew fight.... very strange how absurdly long this is all taking.

15. CST80

CST80 Liminal Space Autochthon Staff Member

Nov 23, 2013
    You can throw as much shade as you want at his fanboys, post videos in an attempt to shame us. You can hope and dream and pray with your fingers and your toes crossed, for Oleksandr Usyk to lose.

But in the end, there's nothing in the world as embarrassing as this....... You're a Dillian Whyte fanboy.:risas3:

lepinthehood, Badbot and cfckieran like this.